Dealing with psychos

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mitmaks, Oct 11, 2017.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I woke up this morning at T/A Limon. Turned my marker lights on and went inside to use bathroom. Next to me truck has already left on one side and there was empty spot there. When i came back i turned my flashers on and git flashlight from truck so i can go do my pretrip.
    I noticed there was car in empty spot. As I was coming out of truck he backs up next to me and starts talking "ya all people need to leave me alone, ive been driving several days and im tired, im real sick man, etc"
    I just ignored him but hes still sitting there in his car and staring at me. Ive got my thumper/framing hammer in hand-if this ########## tries something funny ill knock him out. He still keeps talking while im doing ptetrip and then he slowly backs up snd took off.
    Whats the best way to deal with psychos?
    Its bad enough being harassed by DOT and shippers/receivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    don't engage them that might make them attack you. i don't know what to say either except "ok" and "i gotta go now or i'll be late"

Jazz1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Mumble, stumble and look a little disorganized. Stagger around your tractor trailer a little bit talking about how the ex is gold digging all your ####. Repeat sentances over and over again. Pretend to do a pretrip. But fumble your way through it.

They should take off pretty quickly. It's really hard to reason with someone who has gone into the Ninjustu state called Void. One of the 5 states in which you can harness your mind and actions depending on the presence of a potential threat.

If a person approaches you, look through that person as if he or she does not exist and say "What? What? Get out of here, I have nothing for YOU. Yes Nothing. Beat it." repeat and repeat and escalate towards profanity and volume the closer they try to get to you. They should stop and be indecisive. Continue to deteriorate in your words towards mumbling, drooling is a plus. Especially followed by a big time snort common to druggies and addicts.

While you are putting on airs and causing a disruption in any preplanned attack in the bad guy always remain very sharp in your mind and eyes, scan for additional people coming in behind you. Be ready to discard the charade and do what you have to do. Maybe even toss in a offhand gesture that is a tiny bit suggestive, alot of bit off putting. The mixture of signals across the board coming from you makes for a pretty distasteful onery mule who is not going to cotton to any interaction very well.

Shift out of void as needed quickly should the intruder turn out to be hostile.

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Keep your distance.

Just because you have hammer, doesnt mean your protected. You dont know the capabilities of the other party. Unless you have training in real engagement with others, your best course of action is to stay away before that crazy person grabs YOUR hammer and turns it on you.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Grubby, jethro712, Jeck and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Be psycho back to them.I usually say something like “That was right after You borrowed my sweater”

OccamsRazor, ncdriver1, Grubby and 7 others Thank this.
  7. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    The best way is to get right up face to face and be extremely firm when you speak and directly to the point. When your face to face with some idiot it is very hard for them to physically do harm to you and throws them off their game crazy or not !

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Dope sick, probably.

Ignore and move along quickly.
    Confrontation is generally a bad idea with people that can't care for themselves. You know they care nothing for you. You might end up being the fool that brought a hammer to a gun fight.

9. Jeck

Jeck Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2017
    This is the best feedback. Keep your distance- its your reactionary gap. He could be high or possible mental issues. Either one of these do not feel pain and are extremely dangerous.
    But if you are attacked, win the fight.
    Boring video but kind of shows you how easy it is to be attacked

10. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Just start talking to yourself and ignore them. If they approach tho I’d hop back into the truck and lock doors.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I used to say "Eff off!" but now I just say "That's nice!"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.