Declined offer when lower wage was given on the offer letter

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Random user, Mar 12, 2019.

1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Can you imagine if all is stand firm for what is right or fair or our principles or for what is ethical ? I think is exactly right what you did .

TheRealPorkChopExpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheRealPorkChopExpress

TheRealPorkChopExpress Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2019
    20$ is #### when your called in 1-2 days a week. These companies. Fedex/Ups go by seniority. Start at the bottom of the totum pole. And believe me youll be athe bottom for years. Any Mega C would be better . Take their honesty on pay as a reflection of things to come.......in other words...not good.

BigDog Trucker and chimbotano Thank this.
  4. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    are you planning on not making any mistakes on the job?

5. Ronman105

Ronman105 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I couldn't agree more. I've had one full week in the last FOUR MONTHS. Last week was a 2 day week.

6. Random user

Random user Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    He said it's a 4-8 week training program, part time moving in to full time once the program is done.

Not when it comes to somebody's pay.

7. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Are you fully aware of what your work schedule will be? Ltl is all about seniority, so you'll have the crap end of the stick for quite a while before moving up. And will that pay be enough for you to deal with it?

8. Random user

May 13, 2018
    No I really have no idea. He said for the first several months I'd know the day or night before for the next day but thats it. He did say the working hours would pretty much always be between 9am - midnight and it hardly ever went past then. Idk, to me, Im OK with that til I get a bid route or something similar b/c seconds have always worked good for me. Just crossing my fingers I dont get anything like 16hrs a week though, but he said full time at the end of the 8 weeks so i guess we'll see if that stays true.

9. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Wait, you have zero experience and being picky?

10. Random user

May 13, 2018
    When it comes to compensation & possible deception - you bet I am.

If you think this is about "being picky" then you have missed the entire point of the thread. You sound like somebody who will stand for being given misinformation when it comes to pay & benefits - the entire reason WHY you go to work.

11. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    I have a buddy that works at FXF. Been there about 13yrs now I think, so he's in that sweet spot for schedule right now. But he did alot of time on the spare board and dealing with calls at the last minute for him to come in. He said its a little better now for the new guys starting out, but its still a tough period to get through. If youre a young man with no kids or anything, I'd say go for it. But if youre a family man and need a good paycheck with decent schedule, it might not be the best move. I only speak from experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.