Denney Transport Denver CO

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bigtex07, Mar 7, 2018.

1. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Really? Tv and satellite huh? Do you get the premium tv channels? And it free?

I dont even have satellite tv at my place. Might as well just live in the truck.haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigtex07

bigtex07 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    It has all of hbo, but that’s it as far as movie channels. All the normal cable channels are there except a random few. Yea no charge to us.

4. TheYogi

TheYogi Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Hi BigTex, How are things going at Denny? Im thinking of working there, anything I should know, any problems so far with the company?

5. bigtex07

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    Honestly, there’s really no problems. My only “complaint” is a lot of times after an unload you may not load until the next day/evening. But even if that’s the case you get $75 layover pay. This last load I had to take a 34 before loading it, got $75. Ran 1979 miles with one stop Monday, the second tiesday(another $75). So between layover, stop, and mileage pay I grossed $1090.55 on one trip.

Next load didn’t pick up until Wednesday(yet another $75). Deadheaded 490 from Dunn,NC to Mt Sterling, KY. loaded for Cheyenne, WY but will probably drop in Denver. 1705mi total(if dropped in Denver). This load is my first load with the pay raise from .45 to .52! $961.60 gross for this load bringing my weekly gross to $2052.15 not too shabby!

Heading home from Denver to take 3-4 days off

6. bigtex07

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    Well, plans of getting home Saturday after 3 weeks out Kindof went to crap. I’ll now be dropping this load in Denver Friday. Layover($75) until Saturday then grab a LA load that has 8 stops($290) on Monday/Tuesday(another $75), then grab a load either Tuesday or Wednesday delivering in Vegas where I live and take 4 days off next weekend instead. LA load should pay roughly $1012

7. TheYogi

TheYogi Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Man that sucks. I see they have alot of layover but they pay you extra how doese that work?
    Also do they have a company car in Denver so you can get away and get some grub, or can you bob tail?

8. bigtex07

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    Layover in Denver Kindof depends when you get in there. I’m typically in Denver Wednesday or Thursday and almost always layover those days. Unless you’re one of the guys that choose to always run LA loads, those guys just drop and hook and go. Layover elsewhere is random. You might unload and head straight to a load or it may not load until next day. I’d say it’s been 50/50 so far. Can be Kindof a pain, especially since I came from flatbed where we never laid over. But the pay, and not having to beg for it, makes it better.

Bob tailing is tricky. We can use off duty drive time, but you have to call safety so they can put you on it and you can’t be under a load or even dispatched to one. In Denver they do have a pickup we can barrow, just gotta get keys from safety. So far I’ve taken it to go do dryg screen, few lunches, Walmart. One guy was able to take it down to Co Springs for a weekend once.

9. bigtex07

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    Oh and I don’t know if I mentioned this before.

They fly you to orientation, put you in a hotel, give you a $15 Perkins gift card every day for dinner(it’s next to hotel), give you $10 cash for lunch daily(or they order pizza), and paid like $500 for orientation. It’s the most laid back orientation ever. Start 0800 Do something, take a 30-60 min break, do something, break, do something, hour or two lunch, do something, done by 1500.

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  10. bigtex07

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    Dropbox - 20180419.pdf

Let’s see if this works, I don’t know how to really upload pics here.

This is a settlement from the week I ran to Texas with a six stop. I marked it to Kindof make a little sense. Any questions just ask, or let me know if it doesn’t work haha.

rpad139 Thanks this.
  11. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I see your net was about $1300 on one page, but the next page shows net of $1100? Curious what did they deduct.?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.