Did anybody get inspected for ELD yet?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by DUNE-T, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    "I can't do that, as my device is of the 'local transfer' variety as allowed by the regulations, and as such does not have that capability."

Unless, of course, I haven't yet made it to day 9 in 30...then it would be "It'll just be a minute while I scan them to a .pdf with my phone and attach that file to an email...

Unless I'm inside the 100 air-mile radius, in which case they don't exist.

ZVar, Lite bug and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA

Nah just buy more trucks, hire more drivers and pass the costs on to the consumer. Its the American way

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

And yet when I call in a guy swerving at zero-drunk-thirty doing 45 in a 70 with his lights off they never seem to be able to catch him.

Oh right, lights off = cloaking device!

Shifty Romulans and their Ale.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  5. Acet

Acet Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2017
    So many of you guys are so ####ing angry, it’s pathetic. Regardless of another driver’s opinion or point of view, why would you wish anyone an OOS or ticket? Your mindset is part of the problem why this whole country is degrading. Why the #### would you wish ill upon another human?!?!? Elog or not.

peterd and Truckermania Thank this.
  6. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Only in self-defense.....:mad:

7. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    I had a level 2 inspection yesterday in Uxbridge, MA (Rte 146). The trooper asked a few general questions first and then asked if I had a log... to which I explained the eLog device has been acting up so everything was on paper until the problems are fixed. His reply: "Just know the grace period is over in April." He then did the usual check of all lights/horn/etc and went back to his truck. About ten minutes later, he came back with my clean inspection sheet and simply said "have a good day." Needless to say, I hope all of the eLog issues are resolved before the April deadline, else it sounds like they'll be writing more tickets and putting driver OOS.

bigguns and DUNE-T Thank this.
  8. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    If the issues with ELD are not worked by April. I suspect they will move it back further. Look at all the exemptions out there. The DOT guys only doing what they been told to do. What if everyone like myself did not get one. look at the load board, truck to load ratio. It is a carrier’s market.

Moving Forward and easytopleez33 Thank this.
  9. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Actually you have 8 days to fix malfunctioning Elog.

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Eight days on paper.

Plug in ELD one day.

Eight days on paper.

Plug in ELD one day.

Eight days... :D

11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Exactly...and hopefully by the time those 8 days are over, I'll be back inside the 8-days-in-30 exemption again.:cool:

Moving Forward, not4hire and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.