Do car haulers like Carmax?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Rocky64, Feb 20, 2014.

1. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    HAHAHAHA I clicked on the wrong post.

Question was for the OP.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Let me understand. 3 weeks ago you bought a vehicle? Did you give them money? #1- I would not have given them money for a vehicle that I am not driving out with. A deposit maybe, but that's it. #2-They must not be concerned about you getting your vehicle if 3 weeks have passed and it is still not here. Somebody is blowing smoke up somebody's Hiney. They made YOU pay to move the vehicle?

4. Rocky64

Rocky64 Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Greater Chattanooga
    Deposit only.

Its part of how their program /sales pitch works. Purchased three cars from them. Our Maxima was transferred in to Kennesaw when we bought it but that only took 4 days and was free cause it came from Norcross. We got a guaranteed delivery date of this saturday and we pick it up on monday, per the conversation with the sales manager this evening.
    I initially was wondering about how our auto transport brothers thought of Carmax. I will buy again from them, no doubt.

5. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    It's timing, everyone thinks there's a car hauler sitting there waiting to pick up their car and move it. I've hauled a few for CarMax, usually coming in for an auction, not a transfer.

6. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Never checked this morning, but just clicked through Central & it was not on there. So must be dispatched or they are going to grab it.

7. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Just a thought , but any car you can find at carmax you can probably find at a regular dealer or even EBay substantially cheaper, if your a good shopper and negotiator .

Adam

SLANT6 Thanks this.
  8. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    " I will buy again from them, no doubt. "

If you think you got a good deal, then that is all that matters. However you put it on an internet forum so it's fair game. I think you are not getting such a great deal. And, what is it, over 3 weeks they are jerking you around with this?

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Like someone said above, the $199 is all the customer pays. Carmax pays the rest but of course their operating costs are built into the price of the vehicles. I traded an old worn out 95 Chevy Silverado in when I got my F-150 and they gave me "$3500" dollars for the Chevy. Even with it's ice cold A/C, I'd be doing good to have got $1000 bucks cash just selling it to a Mexican.

There are several CarMax dealerships here in DFW. They have their own car haulers that load up the used cars as their purchased. Then they go to a main facility in Irving where I am assuming the independents come in and haul them away.

10. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House

No Dealer is giving you anything especially a Used Car "Mega Store". They are shuffling the #'s. In almost all cases you are better off selling your vehicle privately and then dealing with the dealer on the purchase. A dealer is a dealer is a dealer. Whether it is a guy with a checkered polyester suit and white shoes or a mega store, they are all bottom feeders.

11. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    CARMAX sells to people with bad credit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.