Do not work for knight transportation!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by seawind, May 8, 2009.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    "They hire hundreds of drivers who left for greener pastures and came back" They also hire hundreds of drivers to replace the drivers who left for greener pastures and DIDNT come back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Msg to driversneedednow,first of all every company out here will tell u in writing that if u don't stay 90days that you will be responsible for cost of orientation. Secondly, I find that hard to believe that they would force a driver to leave a truck at a TA & abandoned it, that is a bunch of BS, they would have routed him to a terminal to fire him or let him resign. Its his fault for the abandonment on his dac NOT. Knight. Try having personal accountability& responsibility.

4. Outinc

Outinc Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Douglas, Az
    I worked for Knight and spent a few months inside the office. Believe these stories because I have seen things like this happen. I know of one driver that was arrested and taken to jail for trying to drive his truck back to a terminal to quit. They wanted it left where is was and he didn't want them to say it was abandoned. The bulk of this company is made up of people who have no idea of what trucking is. They hire people fresh out of school and at times these same people made dumb decissions. Any of the Morman owned companies suck, Swift, Knight, CR England, to name a few. I had a connection and ran very well for a year, untill the family member got transfered, then I just became another driver. There is nothing fair at Knight, it's who you know and who you don't piss off.

JimDriv3r and Dna Mach Thank this.
  5. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Did this driver threaten violence?

Hard to believe the cops would get involved in an issue like this.

Unless they just falsely accused him of threats, though it don't make sense otherwise - they would want their equipment back first.

Even if they file a false DAC after the fact.

6. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    It's their truck and they told him to leave it where it was, then he tried to drive it somewhere. That amounts to GTA, cops don't take that lightly.

Driver Effed up telling them bad things over the phone. The driver should have held his cards closer to his chest, driven the rig to his terminal and then extended his finger.

7. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Is the above poster for real?

Never worked for Knight......check.
    Probably doesn't or hasn't driven a truck.......check.
    Probably unfamiliar as far as how companies can screw a driver's record in the blink of an eye.....check.

I'm sorry, I can't take it anymore and hold my tongue right now. Who the #### do these wannabes and newbies think that they are posting ######## about companies that they have never ####### worked for? Grand theft auto, are you ####### ######## me? The company specifically has new drivers sign a paper during orientation that states that you WILL return your truck to your home terminal if you quit or get fired. You don't know that because you haven't worked at Knight. Some dm's play dirty by having you drop your truck off other than where the truck is home based at an attempt to #### your record up. You didn't know that because you are not a truck driver, nor have you worked for Knight. I'm just sick of ignorant postings from people who don't know what the #### they're talking about. Go play that street lawyer game somewhere else. Please.

8. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    I agree with jimdriv3r that his story is bunch of bs. A company will never leave their equipment abandoned somewhere. These r whining cry babies who want their hand held & when the company doesn't they say the company is bad. I think its time for the cry babies to go home to momma & go flip burgers. This profession is for real adults.

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I agree. It should be noted however that Knight is not one of those companies that treats you as a "real adult". In fact you don't even need a map there, they will route you AND even tell you where to fuel. Don't think it ends there, nope they tell how much fuel to get as well. No need to do much thinking at Knight they have that covered for you.

JimDriv3r Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Well they how much fuel to get because they are managing fuel cost on each trip not because they r holding your hand!! I guess u never have been an owner op cause certainly appears that way that u have no grasp of what it takes to operate a truck to make a profit! They have to do it that way because some drivers could care lesS.

11. Outinc

Outinc Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Douglas, Az
    It's this kind of sheepish attitude of the average american and the new breed of driver that has gotten us to this point. Demand to be treated with respect and don't that any bull from these companies. My thoughts are leave the truck where it sits and set the thing on fire. Untill the average American and the average truck driver stops taking the bull*hit from both the government and these large companies, things will never get better. It seems the fight is gone in the people so don't complain when you get screwed.

drvrtech77 and JimDriv3r Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.