Do not work for knight transportation!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by seawind, May 8, 2009.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Your a little late to the forums. Knights already done irreversible damage to their rep. It's chronicled in great detail here. Not even a fool would drive for them.

As I've mentioned before, regarding me, pound away. I'm just an anonymous poster here. Just a screen name nothing more. So tell us what you really think...

JimDriv3r Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DriversNeededNow

DriversNeededNow Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I said I worked for Knight and EVERYTHING I said was true including cutting off the fuel card of my friend. Because the fuel card was shut off they purposely forced him to "leave the truck" someplace by not being able to buy fuel nor having enough fuel to drive back to his "home terminal". This forced termination tactic is quite common in the industry but is and has been used extensively by Knight in the Chicago terminal. They didn't tell him the TA. That was the safest, best bet and he could get a ride back to Chicago area. If you think that a company cuts off your fuel card because they want you to get some deserved rest, you're more nieve than the statements you made. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if you believe it. It happened. As one poster said, my friend should have bit his lip. How true you are... nevertheless, $*## happens.

Now, as far as me myself being a noob. I have driven for 10 years including a year in Iraq for the Dept of Defense, as a convoy driver hauling mostly fuel from base to base. I've had my own authority, booked my own loads, billed my own runs and serviced my own truck. But even a noob can figure out Knight is robbing MOST of their drivers. Knight is a huge thief with their hands in almost ALL of their drivers pockets...one way or another. As I previously posted, especially by cheating you on completed loads, detainment, and miles, while telling you to destroy the only paperwork after 10 days (before you get paid sometimes) that can prove they are cheating you. 7 out of 10 drivers TRUST their paychecks without ever verifying miles, hours, etc. No matter who you work for, keep your paperwork, cover your butt and check it periodically.

Lastly, not ALL companies charge you for sandwiches, motel rooms and the like if you don't stay for 90 days. So perhaps your experience in this matter is that you are only experienced with Knight, Swift, JB Hunt, Roehl and the other driver abusers. Go get some experience with the smaller companies before you make such broad statements.

Nice trucks in the refrigerated division is possible since in order to be in the reefer division you had to be an Owner Operator. Some of those trucks were "loaned" or "leased" to O/O's. Thus, taken better care of and maybe repossessed by Knight.

The poster(s) defending Knight, more than likely, are either driver mangers, recruiters, executives or butt kissers for special favors from their dm's.

If a company has you drive 1,000 miles but only pays you for 880 miles they are cheating you. If you average 2,500 miles per week you loose pay for 300 miles per week or more than 15,000 miles per year. Based on $.35 per mile that's more than $5,400 they cheat you out of.... can you see why they are profitable?? Knights bs miles vs. real world miles. Shortest and non trucking routes shouldn't determine your pay. Speed matters. If your truck goes 63 miles per hr vs. 65 miles per hour you're loosing 2 miles per hour, you loose 20 miles a day (10 hr day) 100 per week (5 days) and 5,200 per year. Think driving 63 doesn't matter, that's over $1,800 per year. Know a company that has their trucks governed at 67-70MPH? You do the math. They save $'s on truck insurance if their trucks are governed at 63. Setting your odometer/speedometer to show 65 is just a cheap way of deceipt. Most smart phones have stop watches. Match your odometer up to the mile markers on any state's highways. Don't do just a couple hundred miles, check out a thousands miles.

If a company pays you detainment after 2 hours BUT not until after you've been there 3 hours, you're being cheated. Companies should, at the very least, pay you in quarter hour increments. For example, you're there for 2 1/4 hours you get a 1/4 hour of detainment. REALLY THOUGH, where did this "it's always been this way" mentality come from?? In any job, anywhere, if you have to be somewhere and are on duty, you get paid. Many times with Knight, you would have 2 pickups and 1 or 2 drops in a day. Thus, giving up, as much as, 6 hours of your 14 hour clock for FREE. Add that up over a year.

Knight's telling their drivers they didn't get paid for detainment so they won't pay it to you is also cheating you. Don't think so? Ask any State's department of labor.

All in all, many companies use the same techniques as Knight, especially since the turnover rates are so high and they take from one company to another.

Hopefully, what you read here is to be aware and cover your butt.

SAFE DRIVING and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

:biggrin_25525:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
    AKnightsWife Thanks this.
  4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

Why would you have to work for knight to know where the truck goes when you quit or got fired. All the companies I worked for had me take them to somewhere where they could be reseated without flying or busing someone to pu the truck. was no real big deal and my dac never got dinged nor have I had any money withheld for some damage later found because I did a truck interchange on every truck I have ever turned in.
    If the DM is just some nob out of school who knows nothing then it ain't saying much for a driver who lets" dirty trick" get played on them. Thats if any of it was true. A simple phone call to a terminal mngr at the drivers local or the home office and a truck interchange sheet would squash any attempt by a disgruntled dm to play tricks on even the most mentally challenged driver.

And if your sick of ignorant postings then I suggest you read your own posting before further attempts at being a DNA clone.:biggrin_255:

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  5. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is

Wow, the biggest fool on this forum is trying to clown on me.....don't ever let me catch you hanging around the terminals while I still work at Knight since you feel daring enough to pick a fight with me, coward.

6. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Knight is one of the absolute best trucking companies in the industry today....nuff said!

7. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Such disbelievers - WOW !
    Translation-driver tried to mty, bt, or out of route without auth= fuel card shut off.
    Please tell me who did this 7 out of 10 survey you are referring to? And I promise I won't think you are a nob :biggrin_25525: Whoops, sorry I misspoke, you can't release yourself from being a nob. The reference siting 10years of driving a truck your failure as a O/O and the rest yet remaining clueless axed that possibility for you.
    Talk about inclusive statements. Taken better care of because they where loaned or leased? You sure you worked at Knight before?
    What happened to debunking nobs who make wild exaggerated claims of Armageddon at Knight?:biggrin_25525:
    My truck is not governed, and I have had knight trucks pass me on I-5 doing over 65. Sorry you got a slow truck but most freight can easily be del on time at 45-48mph avg. Your math has been done so many times but you left out the many variables that go with it so it is a mute point to rehash. Don't like the speed the truck is set at? Then don't work for the company and then ##### about it.:biggrin_25525:
    Are you sure you where a 0/0 with own authority? You went through orientation got in a truck and started driving and you did not know how you would be paid? And now feel cheated? Sorry my bad, you did say had been. P.S. 4.5% at around $2200 this year not counting locals payed hourly and not miles. So prob less. My friend lets me enter all her runs on a spread sheet so naturally I get a real kick out of some of the posters on here who stray from the facts.:biggrin_25525:
    Hmmm, I guess thats not covered in orientation or the drivers manual. gee lookie here it says you must enter detention macro and get signed in and out times for detention to be paid correctly. You also missed reading on how OTR trucking is not governed by the same labor standards as other industries. So comparing it to other jobs, is well, noberish.
    No thats what they tell nob's who do not follow procedure and are tired of telling them how to. Detention pay according to my friend who has worked there 3 years has nothing to do anymore with if the company is paid or not. it's all by macro and in and out times.If not payed a phone call to payroll
    or dm will square it away. At least it has for her.

8. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I would like to be your friend driver. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Honest
    Judging by your profile you don't know how old you are or where your from and have thanked people almost 3 to 1 versus being thanked.That shows me someone who is defiantly in need of friendship.:biggrin_255:

9. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    bigblue19,
    Why do you take the anti-Knight posts so personally???

One might come to the conclusion that you have some kind of very close connection to the company or that family.

Why do you find it absolutely mandatory to assassinate the character of anyone that posts a negative comment about Knight?

I understand if your experience with them has been all rainbows and unicorns, but not everyone's has been the same. That doesn't make that person's opinion, or yours, right or wrong! It is merely an opinion! There is no need, unless you have some compelling reason to do so, to defend The Knight family or their business practices so viciously.

I bet there are several people on here that would love to hear your reasons for getting so defensive of Knight, but I bet we will never know the truth.

JimDriv3r and AKnightsWife Thank this.
  10. DriversNeededNow

DriversNeededNow Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    To: bigblue19
    Gosh, you defend Knight to such a degree and don't even drive for them.
    Drivers first view and see the contract they have to sign on the last day of orientation. Many surprises that day, as a matter of fact.

To think that shutting off a driver's fuel card and purposely strand them is "cool" just goes along with the rest of your thinking. I'm telling you it happens and you, make guesses as to why it may have happened. Purposely stranding drivers on the road isn't really covered in Knights contract and is just one tactic of theirs that shows their lack of respect and professionalism.

I'm not sure what it is that I said that would lead you to believe that I "failed" as an Owner Operator. Quite the contrary, I made a nice sum of money and fulfilled ALL of my goals.

Nevertheless, you keep defending Knight and the rest, who have ACTUALLY WORKED for Knight will tell the truth. I believe if you go back to all the posts, there are many more telling horror stories of Knight and your "friend" with her wonderful experiences. It's fine. Enough said, by me anyway.

Have a nice holiday season !

JimDriv3r and AKnightsWife Thank this.
  11. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    After reading responses to my posts, you are now concerned about character assassination? Why ain't we the noble one.

The only persons character I know of on these boards would be the half wit who I guess wants to be violent if they caught me at a Knight terminal. I only go to the one in Kent Wa. The rest are just posters who when exaggerating or making things up get called out. And as you can see by the responses they like you don't like it.
    Knight shut off my friends fuel card for no reason and left him stranded? yep and I can speak Latin. I could care less about Knight. but I do like retorting on the ridiculious. Keep it real

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.