Do not work for knight transportation!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by seawind, May 8, 2009.

1. buckmaster

buckmaster Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2011
    summit ms
    I guess there like all other companies some say good some say bad i worked for them for 14 months back in 06-07 they ran me good between 2800-3500 every week If i had an issue i could get it resolved fairly quick. I drove one of the peterbilt 389 and when i had a problem didn matter what terminal i was at they fixed it. My truck hadf the 5 min shutdown for if u left the truck to go in trkstop r something it would shut off, but if u were in it when the engine light started blinking all u had to do was tap the fuel pedal and it would idle. i left knight for a company that offered better hometime, but maybe i was just one of the lucky few.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hap

hap Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    The Gun And Ammo Store
    Another trucking company that sucks.

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    DNA I got friends who work at Knight, and quite frankly they are getting pissed at you because you have been on here for a while whining about how they did you wrong and forced you to go work for Billy Bob's stump hauling. And yet they keep hiring people left and right. Lets step up your game a little.

5. vetteman

vetteman Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2008
    you probably have never pulled a load by yourself..what happened ? Star fire you before you received your own truck ? If you're not driving anymore or can't drive (probably the case) what are you doing here? you had a lousy trainer ok,get another one . Don't paint all companies with one brush.

6. jubajajo1

jubajajo1 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I was an 0/0 for awhile with Knight, my first dispatcher fresh from the college scene, only knew what he was taught and said what he was told to say.

I asked and got a more seasoned x-driver dispatcher,,and they lady had her game on for sure,

Good miles, good loads, good communication and as much time as I needed off, She was a pleasure to work with and their where more than one of her types,,You just gotta ask if your an 0/0 I dont know how it works for company drivers but I had no complaints other than they way they do the fuel surcharge deal..

Knight gets a 8 on a scale of 1-10 from me.. Thats not to bad,,, I heard drivers complaining about the trucks they sell,, They dont force you to buy one from them, its your call if you do and read the contract, they let you look at it and anyone else you wish to show it to./

The trucks are usually under 500K miles and get pretty regular service.

JMO...but, hey, aint that what this thread is about.....?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Billy Bob's stump hauling does one thing that Knight could learn from. They realize that employees who earn a living and are provided the means to get ahead in life tend to be good for business.

Knight on the other hand...:biggrin_2559:

Good to see you again Mr Blueballs.

8. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    What everyone needs to remember is this, not every driver on this forum is new, This is not everyone's first rodeo .. most have been around for quite sometime and we still need to help out the new drivers here as well. Have them learn from our experiences...

Ok as for this particular thread,

Knight Transportation ;

I am currently working for Knight. I have been back with Knight for soemtime now. I have read the good, the bad and the ugly about Knight on this forum. UNlike some companies that I have worked for lIke Nationwide Southeast that runs to their own rules and it is company wide ( drivers from other terminals have the exact same problems ) Knight is to big to be having everyone love or hate the company.

My experience with Knight and I will be honest, I am with Knight, I went back to them and have been back like I said for awhile. I have a few freinds who work for Knight and work out of other terminals and a few hate it and a few like it.

I am out of the Carlisle PA terminal. My experience with them is they care. Jose the Term Manager gets me home when I really need it or I am starting to get burned out. But for the most part, James and Dennis get me extended breaks when I need it. They look out for me, but at the same time, they run the hell out of me. They have me run my 11, shut down for my 10 ( longer if I need it ) and then its back to work.

But in return all the ask is that I do my part. They ask me to do my job and I do it without much ########. They know to keep me out of NYC, D.C., the entire west coast and Chicago, and I have to say, James and Dennis have been close to dam perfect in doing so.

This week I filled out the paprrs to run lease purchase and I am hopeing it goes through. I know the hype, never lease, but with the lease I get to keep the same guys in the office and those are the guys who I know will keep me going .

Its basically where you go, what Terminal and how your work ethic is in certain places.

My cousin has a great work ethic and works as hard as the rest of us out there and doesn't turn down loads and worked out of the GulfPort, MS terminal for Kngiht and he was shafted every chance they got. Another works out of Vegas and he can't be more happier with Knight. SAme with a guy in Katy, tx, St Louis and Columbus, they all love it. But at the same time, I know guys at the same terminals who hate it.

Bottom line is not every company is perfect to everyone, if there was a company like that, every company driver would be there and there wouldnt be any open trucks..

If you are not comportable with a company, then chances are it isn't going to work out for you. My opinion is , if you are not comfortable with a company within the first 2 weeks you are there, then you know its just a matter of time before you are somewhere else ...

I had a awesome dispatcher with Knight, notice I said Awesome, he left Kngiht and went to US Xpress to be their terminal manager at the new terminal in Shippensburg, Pa.. and I stayed loyal to Knight. I gave Knight the benefit of the doubt cause when he left, I didn't know anyone in the office other than the Term manager and the CS Rep. Marat. Both who have done good by me, so I showed some loyalty to them, I stayed and got very lucky with James and Dennis dispacthing me with Jose doing his thing and Marat doing his when he needs to ..

in 15 yrs of driving, I finally seen a tight knit, tightly ran ship right now in Carlisle with the 4 musketeers, and as long as it stays that way, they way the 4 of them are now, I have no reason to even consider going somewhere else.

tracyq144 Thanks this.
  9. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    To Bubba,
    If Knight is so good, why did you quit in the first place?

Did they address that problem or did you just lower your standards and put up with the problem???
    Just curious

10. rc_banjoman

rc_banjoman Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Hopkinsville , Kentucky
    :) 06 and 07 was a better time for everyone though. I think the days of 2800 and 3500 a week is over , but maybe its just because Ive been driving for the wrong carrier...? You sure wont see those kind of miles with CELADON.:biggrin_25519:

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I am very happy for the FEW drivers that are pleased with the conditions at Knight. If they are really drivers. If they really are at Knight. And IF they are really happy.

I am sure that just about ANY company is going to find a few folks who are content to be constantly in a battle to get the pay that is due you, or content to not ever check it "because those folks in payroll know what they are doing." Yep. They do. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. . .

I can honestly say that I do not believe I ever got screwed out of money due me while at Knight. But then either my wife, or I was on the phone with payroll every week (at least) getting things "straightened out."

I will say, that the payroll people we dealt with were extremely professional and polite. They never seemed to have a problem with the fact that we were in contact with them so often. . .

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.