does CRST really do this? or am I reading too deep into something

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Jabber1990, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    No surprise. This is why minimum training standards should've been put into place along time ago, something the dimbulbs at FMCSA couldn't figure out even on their best days. Student/student teaming and student/trainer team driving should at least be banned or done away with, not used as cheap labor by these BFI training companies like CRST, Prime, England, and Schneider, or by lease purchase operators. Trainers should go through rigid qualification, have a minimum amount of experience, (at least 3 Years or 300k miles), and stricter monitoring of training to make sure these company trainers are actually teaching these students, not hopping into the sleeper and leaving that student to fend for themselves when a dangerous situation comes up, just because that trainer is more interested in making extra miles.

tsavory Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SGIT

SGIT Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    West Jordan, UT
    Absolutely agree. I "graduated" from phase 1 training with CR England and had spent a total of around 1 hour practicing backing during the 4 weeks I was on the trainer's truck. The only thing I really learned during training was how to hurry up, including bypassing weigh stations/ports of entry and skipping pre/post trip inspections and gundecking the associated Qualcomm reports. Got paired with a driver with two weeks less experience than I had for phase 2 and ended up quitting after two weeks on the truck where I was actually afraid to go to sleep because my co-driver was an awful driver and showed even worse judgment when behind the wheel.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I gave a yard Goat $20 once to back it into a super tite dock in Atlanta.

5. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    I will NEVER have someone else park my office/home. I have a certain level of pride in my trade.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.