Does CRST verify employment that you put on an application?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by NoLottyLizards23, Apr 24, 2019.

1. NoLottyLizards23

NoLottyLizards23 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2019
    So I did something dumb and put a job I worked at for 3 years when it was only a month. I worked warehouse jobs for a few weeks at a time through different staffing agencies. I mean no one wants to work in warehouse so I was making good side money. When I needed a little extra I would warehouse for two weeks or more. I’m supposed to go to school on may 6TH but now idk if I want to go I read they don’t verify until you already signed your contract and will send you home with owing them money. A little help, should I just ask my recruiter to update the number I put and just put a buddy number? My other job I put as reference is my current job and I’m still working there. I’m dumb I might of ruined my chance to start trucking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Why would you lie about that? 1 month versus 3 years is a bit of a difference. Were you afraid of not having a verifiable job? If so, just put unemployed. I would have them fix that on the app. If they find out, they can send you packing thinking if you'd lie about that, what else did you lie about? They just need something to give to the feds, they dont care what you did. You could be an underwater basket weaver for all they care, but in their minds, if you'd lie about that, what else

born&raisedintheusa and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Just call and straighten it out. They’ll fix the app and all will be forgotten in no time. It’s sounds corny but , honesty is always the best policy. People aren’t stupid, they figure you out real quick. One lie leads to another.Being honest even about shortcomings or mistakes, will earn respect, being a BSr just the opposite. Remember your human, allowed to make mistakes. Step up, they will definately check, required by law to have 10 yrs previous employment history on file. Otherwise it will just turn into a bigger deal than it is now.

born&raisedintheusa and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Just list the staffing agency, not the companies the staffing agency sent you to. You were an employee of the staffing agency because they wrote the paychecks.
    That's where some drivers make a mistake and it looks like they job hopped a lot, when in actuality they only worked one job and that was the staffing agency.
    Where is your location; state & nearest city/town. Maybe there's other options for school if this doesn't work out with CRST.

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I don’t even think CRST checks pulses anymore.

7. The Gels

The Gels Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2019
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Like others have said, call your recruiter or whatever point of contact you have there, explain that you meant to put 1 month, and you're all good. If they say "No! We cannot have you now!" or whatever, there are dozens of other companies that have schools.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I’m sure they’ve heard it all . Lol

9. NoLottyLizards23

Apr 24, 2019
    I contacted my recruiter and he said sure yeah I can update my employment. I’m kinda scared to drive for CRST now lol. Thank you everyone for all the great replies.

10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    All He wants is his commission, Lol, by the way talk about liars!!! I’ve no more to say about that.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  11. NoLottyLizards23

Apr 24, 2019
    @Rideandrepair yeah I know I’ve read bad reviews about them but I have to just look at it like a stepping stone. I was thinking of waiting to go with Werner but they hair follicle and I smoked once in March dumb mistake on my part.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.