Does Knight hire newbies?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by snowbird_89, Jan 21, 2011.

1. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I'm just curious. Does Knight hire people without experience? Do they have a training program?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whipping boy

whipping boy Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2010
    yourtown usa
    No.
    Besides, you DON'T want to work for them anyway.
    I don't even put them on my resume as a previous employer as I know they 'bad mouth' you to future potential employers. I heard them doing it more than once when I was there.

danny_379 Thanks this.
  4. landy77

landy77 Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    Yes, they hire you under squire transportation for training then you go to knight. I called them but didn't get warm and fuzzies so I didn't drive for them.

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That's right they do. Took them awhile to realize that's the only they can find anyone to drive for them.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  6. tazguy21

tazguy21 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    yes they do under squire..

7. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    I think you have to have "some" experience, not sure how much. 6 months?

Knight is not that bad, notice that almost all the negative posts come from the same half dozen posters.

Bad: yes, mt's can sometimes be a problem, but not as bad as some people make out. Shops are not the best, they will fix your truck but are slow. Many times will have to deliver a "local" to get an MT. (Although if you do that, your DM will remember that, and give you good load next.)

Good: huge freight base, you will run as many miles as you legally can, IF you show that you want to work. Those that are complaining about miles have to be turning down loads.

Can you find a better carrier? Among those that will hire someone with no, or little, experience? Probably not, although some will be similar.

Until you drive for a year or so, how are YOU going to judge?

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That is a very true statement. This is the very reason why new drivers are so sought after and expierianced drivers are tossed by the wayside. So some guy drives for 15 years, quits for a year and is told his expieriance isn't recent enough?

Getting back to Knight, Knight is the absolute worst, seriously don't believe us? Go see for yourself how much they value their drivers. Take every load, the 240 milers with two days, the 590 milers with a whole weekend on them and see where that gets you? An honest buck or two, sure. If your paid by the mile then why would you not want the most miles you could get?

9. Erick chapel

Erick chapel Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Fontana CA
    They dont hire newbies. 24 months experience neede at knight ... I know this thats what I was told.....:biggrin_25510:

10. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    LOL What?
    :biggrin_2556:

11. dave_0755

dave_0755 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Jonesboro,AR
    I thought that was all they hired. Maybe i'm wrong about that though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.