Domino Sugar

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Challenger, Feb 27, 2010.

1. I95runner

I95runner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    but if it was a different company with more strict safety protocols as in DC air lines lock out, and recieve key from driver, then you would expect a pressure loss shortly or right after backing into the dock

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    No. I always release both my trailer and park brakes when I bump the dock(as most drivers do). Then you can disconnect the air lines and maintain primary and
    secondary air press. I think you should definitely learn more about how this works if you are a driver or soon to become one.

jbatmick Thanks this.
  4. I95runner

I95runner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    were you on a even slope at the dock? if not i could see why thry wanted to chock the tires, but isnt that really a best practice as a driver even with dock lock to chock at least one tire just in case

5. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Every company has different safety policies concerning trailers on the dock. The most extreme I've seen being dock lock, dolley down and drop trailer, lockout air, then chock wheels. But other drivers on this thread are talking about surrendering the ignition key to the forklift driver and then being made to sit on the dock while loading/unloading, which is even more extreme. I guess it seems silly, but better to err on the side of caution maybe...

6. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Truth of the matter is every place has their own little idiocyncracies...ya jus learn Ta deal w/it..one chock...dock lock...3chocks no airlines...drop trailer stand on dock....hug the receiver sing kum ba yah.....
    Its all touchy feely make em feel safe..keep osha off r ### nonsence...

nothing to make a fuss over....course it is kinda fun to go out&start the truck AFTER ya give em the keys.....hey I bore easy what can I say

7. Beardefreak

Beardefreak Light Load Member

May 13, 2014
    In the winter if you dump the trailer air the brakes might freeze up due to moisture in the system maybe ether might help but I don't feel like hammering on the brakes to get them released.

8. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I had that happen when the temp was around 0 F. When I pulled out from the dock...one set of wheels was froze...there was snow and ice on the ground so it was just sliding...had to crawl under and use a mallet...happens sometimes. I usually dont dump the trailer air when just parking, but when im in a door i always do...seems safer that way.

9. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I suppose I will write an update on this place... I picked up here this afternoon, and let me tell you, I've been to far worse. It's located in a pretty nice neighborhood in Baltimore. I backed into a door, and was loaded within 30 minutes. Yes they do still make you sit in a staging area, and keep your keys. But that's no big deal for a quick a live load, right? The people there were really nice too. Not the security guards though, one of the guys out there gave me a serious attitude problem. These moron rent a cops added an extra hour and 15 mins to my trip there with all of their stupid check-in and out procedures that you had to pretty much figure out for yourselves. They refused to explain their operations, where to check in at, how to use the scale, etc. Fire these idiots, and I'll be glad to return here to domino. Oh yeah, and they don't allow overnight parking, so make sure you come here with enough hours. Hammer down.

10. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Maybe when you get a free moment drop an email to the management of the security company explaining your negative experience with there employees. I know most of these guys don't make squat but no reason for them to act like that

11. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I am at Domino's Sugar tonight for the first time since 2013. In 2013 i ate at the cafeteria while i was being loaded. Tonight the clerk in the shipping office told me that Domino Sugar no longer has a cafeteria.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.