Don’t give a two week notice to Schneider National or they terminate you that day and take away all,

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hardwoerman, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'm shocked! (he says sarcastically)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    If I started noticing the Company was " Shady", and screwed up,If some of the " Bosses" used to be telemarketers ,or whatever the case was,I would hurry up and use a couple sick days,take the vacation ( get it out of the way) and give my 2 week notice after I had that vacation pay check in hand.Yes, was " burned a few times.Lol

4. Jenkins2020

Jenkins2020 Light Load Member

May 28, 2020
    If companies can fire you without giving you any notice and no type of compensation/severance package, then you should be able to quit without giving notice. Cash that vacation out and TAKE PICTURES of the truck/trailer before you leave too so they don't try to claim you damaged equipment. Make sure you have actually received your pay before leaving. I'd only ever consider giving a 2 week notice if I had to quit due to relocating or something else out of my control. Trucking companies make plenty of money. They aren't going to hurt because you left without notice.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Here’s what a manager once told me at Helena Chemical when I told him if he hired some new dude off the street, thought i was going to train him, and then he’d get a higher position than I, after 4 years
    manager says.
    “Ok that’s IT!!
    You say you’re quitting!? I DON’T need your NOTICE, Get yet #### outta MY truck and #### off!!!
    If you drive outta that gate, I won’t hire you back for $1.00/hour!!”

My response, “#### you too.”
    I drove off.

Life goes on, that dude got the job, couldn’t hack it, cheated on his ole lady, she was going to divorce him, and he killed himself.
    All i could say is, couldn’t have happened to a nicer fella.

B85D0F8E-F047-44B7-B6DB-B2718DEB23E5.gif
    A0240311-253A-4A3C-A7A1-3D8F5E7EA939.jpeg FF84A146-F00E-40BA-BC33-7ABD3CC4799A.jpeg

6. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Keep in mind...ALL bosses aren't like this. I'm still friends with 3 of my old bosses on Facebook, and they have " moved on " to better jobs, now. It's just water under the bridge really

LilRedRidingHood and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Some of the advice given in this thread sounds like leaving the Mafia to go into witness protection.

Just underscores how much power we've given companies over our lives, in my opinion.

"Get all your money into an account that YOU control?" As if I'd ever have them put money in a company card. That's just BEGGING for trouble.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.