Don't drive around yards with your 4way flashers active

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nredfor88, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Norfolk and southern gave my driver so much crap at one of their yards about using four ways, she was crying. I don’t know what intentions you have to telegraph but if you can’t figure out what a driver is going to do while driving 5mph, well ....

dwells40, Dockbumper and kylefitzy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Then you go to some of these oilfield facilities. If you're stopped along a roadway in the plant with 4 ways on it means nobody is allowed to pass you. You leave the turn signal on, which indicates you are stopped and parked.

4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Same as the Amber light on Tow trucks & construction/ Hwy trucks. People see them so much they become oblivious to them.

This is why no tow truck should ever have his Amber lights on while towing a vehicle down the road. Same with road construction crews running highway speed miles from their job site and having their pick trucks lit up like Christmas trees.

And then these fools don’t understand why their warning lights get ignored.

5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Almost like all those 45/55mph "Construction" sites where there is 0 evidence of any construction going on ever.

6. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    The people going down the highway with christmas tree lights on. I think they bought the lights and damit they are going to use them, even if its sunny and the roads are dry.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  7. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Yep. They don’t help either

650cat425 Thanks this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I love it when cars park in a 100% legitmate and 100% legal parking spot and put their 4 ways on. I just think: "man you're a special kind of stupid ain't you?"

Same with idiot car drivers that think 4 ways are a substitute for proper load securement and entitles them to #### up traffic flow by driving 25 under the speed limit.

650cat425, TokyoJoe, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    life time ban from a rail yard? Oh..... please.....no...... the horror.......

10. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    When I was at Lincoln Tech for automotive mechanics in 1972, our Basic Electricity 1 instructor was this ancient guy who retired from being a fleet manager for Bell Telephone of NJ. (man am I ever dating myself here).
    His fleet was all those sick green pickup trucks and panel vans that were almost as common as post office trucks on every street and neighborhood, not only in NJ but all over the country. Big job keeping that fleet going.
    He decided to modify the turn signal switches so all four turn signals would flash at once. This was in about 1958, 10 years before it was mandatory for all vehicles to be so equipped by the Feds. They had a lot of collisions while the vehicles were parked , just like UPS etc.
    The State of NJ DMV told him it was illegal, confusing and dangerous, and told him to remove the offending equipment and stop modifying future vehicles.

650cat425 and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  11. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Well I guess I’m an idiot then. I move trailers at night and the lot is not lighted very much so I turn on my flashers so I can see to back up. It’s not much but better than nothing when they lines are faded out or not any. I just leave them on when I start. If you don’t like it piss off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.