Dont work for this compeny usa

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by TruckerJerry, Sep 14, 2008.

1. BIGBOITRUCKIN'

BIGBOITRUCKIN' Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2007
    MiSSiSSiPPi
    HEY GUYS. WHAT ARE THERE HOMETIME POLICY I SEE SOME SAY 4WKS=4DAYS # HOME/5WKS=5DAYS # HOME?? ARE YOU ABLE TO COME IN AFTER TWO WEEKS FOR 2DAYS OR THEY REQUIRE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME OUT TO GET IN? JUST ASKING PROBABLY GONNA TALK TO A RECRUITER TO CLEAR THINGS UP..:biggrin_25515:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roll on trucking

roll on trucking Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2008
    oak ridge
    most wont you to say out 14 day 1 day off for ever 7 day out

4. TruckerJerry

TruckerJerry Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
    ahhh everybody just #### and get over what the #### was said... yall have your opinions and I have mine and just like you and everyone else I have the right to speak my mind

5. BIGBOITRUCKIN'

BIGBOITRUCKIN' Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2007
    MiSSiSSiPPi
    Hey, I heard that if you leave close to a terminal that you would be one of the few that could get home quicker when requested to than those thats out the way of a terminal or drop yard? Not sure read it on another post. The closest terminal to me is in Shverport, LA thats about three hours from me so i should be in that percentage. Hopefully?
    Do you guys ever gets loads through the house at times? That dont affect your hometime, or they keep you running every where but torwards home until requested? lol !! :biggrin_25515:

6. barkhorn45

barkhorn45 Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    conyers,ga
    i have been driving for almost 2 year's for usa and gave them 2 week's notice last week.the distribution of the new prostars is one reason.i have been late 3 times for deliveries all weather or equipment related, have'nt had a accident{preventable or otherwise}or any tickets.
    the other day a new prostar pulled in next to me and i talked to the driver.he'd been out of his training truck for 2 weeks and was in a new prostar{i started out in a wore out freightliner that was dumped in conley a total mess inside,piss bottles etc.}in that 2 weeks he had been involved in a preventable acc.and a moving violation.
    that same day i was chastized for excessive idle time {36%}this bozo next to me had an apu,no excessive idle time for him.he also had integrated invertors so he had a real refrigerator and a microwave.the rest of us meer mortals in older trks can't have invertors at all.
    as far as hometime they will alway's get you there 2-3 day's late does'nt matter where you live{to be honest this is a common complaint with all companies}but my last h/t was the last straw.i had p/u a load in pa.and got the ok to drop in conley{30 m from home}i dropped the trl.and was half way home when was q/c to del.the load and when i got done to contact f/m for another load so i would be under a load for h/t.
    this is when the fun started,now i know it say's in the dr.handbook that"it is the goal to have the drv.under a load during his h/t"but in almost 2 yrs.i have never had this pushed.neither has any other drv i've talked to.when i told this to the oper.officer{she had gotten involved from reading my mess.to f/m}she said it's been our policy for 10 years and what was the names of the f/m's that allowed this in the past.also the names of the drivers who i talked to.
    this was a kroger load that was late when i p/u and they could'nt get a rescheduled so on my f/m command i went to final next morning at 0600 and was told i would be u/l sometime that EVENING.well they worked me in 5 hrs later and when i sent in m-13 sat for 2 hrs.before i got a load ###.to p/u a load 50 m away and drop at conley for relay and to go home NOT under a load.my f/m did't answer my incredulous and heated messages over this bull****.
    so i'm moving on.i know that the next company probably won't be much better but if i'm going to get screwed i might as well get some strange.

7. orn47

orn47 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Boaz, AL
    I am happy to see that some one enjoys the job. I have been reading the forum all morning and if all is as drivers claim, I can't understand how there are any drivers working at all. Nothing but bad to say about any company. I know each has his/her own experience but jeez, every company can't be totally screwing every one. Or can they?

James

8. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    barkhorn, it is odd how every drivers experience is different at a Co.
    one of the things i LIKED about USA was my FM always (every single time for 18 Mo.) got me home no more than 1/2-1 day early or late. i guess alot has to do with FM's dedication to his drivers.

9. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    Same here I can only remember 1 time in 2 years where I was late getting home on the date I requested to be home on, and if I got home after 12 noon it wasn't counted as one of my days off...

10. scott1

scott1 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Wellington, Ohio
    I also had a bad time at USA. I quit and went on. I agree that they are not a great company to work for. However, I also know that this is a personal issue. The company and the employee have to work together to resolve issues. My experience wasn't able to be resolved. Others have a great experience at USA. My opinion is thatTrucker jerry needs to find another object to vent about. Panhandleswife, stop letting him mske you upset. His opinion is just that, HIS opinion. It does not mean you have to agree or even care. He has the right to say what he wants as long as he believes it to be the truth. In any event, goodluck and godspeed to both of you.

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  11. roadpizza

roadpizza Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hooray for forum necro's resurrecting threads from last Ocotber!:biggrin_2554:

DBL_TIME Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.