DOT CLOWNS

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Jun 22, 2021.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Are u serious?? That is so ridiculous !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    They got me this week with a level 2 as well. I guess it’s just that time of the year to raise the budget.

4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I had a pretty heated discussion with an inspector at a California scale for not getting a sticker.

5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Details please, I'm on the edge of my seat

6. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Only state that gets on my nerves is GA when I’m O/D. Always get 1 inspection minimum. One time had a level 1 and 2 in the same day. First one on 16 leaving the port, then again before TN on 75N. Both were good, it time consuming. Barely made TN before curfew. It’s like they knew :mad:

7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Ask to see his boss/Captain.
    You have the right.
    But they don’t want to show clean inspections on trucks.
    They want to show the motoring public that ALL trucks are bad, not some.

I got into it once with a MS Dot officer.
    He said,”Unhook blue line only and I’m going to pump your brakes down to make sure your buzzer works.”
    I said, “What about the light? You gonna make sure it comes on too?
    All we need is one.”
    I unhooked it, and walked back and my CB was Velcroed to the dash, and I keep an old shirt folded under the CB and between the bracket to keep it from shaking.
    This guy had that shirt out from under my CB, checking it, looking all over it.
    I asked him what he thought he was doing.
    “Checking for drugs.” He said.
    I shot back, “Well you dumb sob, you need to fold and put my shirt back, and FYI, you have no authority to search my truck and if you though you found something it’s illegal search and seizure.
    You get the f outta my truck.”
    (I swapped trucks a lot and got tired of mounting radio every few days.)

I went and talked to the head guy at the scales which I had known for over 5 years, he said he’d take care of it.
    That guy was transferred.
    I thought it could’ve been better.
    That was about 7-8 years ago at the scales in Lula, MS(right outside Helena AR)

8. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    2 years in as an o/o. Never had an inspection

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    @D.Tibbitt probably had other things to do besides wait 4-5 hours for this guy’s boss to come out from Helena.

Just a thought, and it doesn’t make the officer in question less of a butt, but is there phone service on 200 out there west of Noxon? How does all their crap in the pickup work without service? The guy is probably just lazy and doesn’t want to do whatever computer work is involved at the end of the day when he gets back to phone service or something. If it was the younger guy who lives in Plains he’s a real pleasant guy anyway. When he first started a few years ago he acted like he had stuff to prove and he’d have the scale at Plains open at 4-5am and stuff, just trying to move up the ladder.

10. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    My experience is just the opposite, an old guy knows what's serious and what's not.. the new ones go by the book. Older, use common sense.

11. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    The less said the better. I once bet a Leo My weight was ok. Took me to a scale anyway. After the scale, he told me to get out of here before I find 50 things wrong with your truck. Eventually caught me over gross. Gave me a warning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.