DOT found a meth pipe in my truck

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by John Bertucci, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Take a Drug test asap if it isn't yours at a certified lab .

alds, LoSt_AgAiN, dwells40 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    This wont help him get the charge dismissed. Even if he passes the DA will still try to get money out of him. They'll say, well meth gets out of your system fast and you could of used a few days prior. Or whatever ... The court system is corrupt and will ruin an innocent man's life without even thinking twice about it for 50 dollars.

Taking a drug test only puts you at risk of failing and in no way would help you. Id never take a drug test unless you HAD too. No drug test = no positive results = no evidence to use against you.

Remember innocent until proven guilty. And taking a drug test will do nothing in proving the pipe wasn't yours. The burden of proof is on the state.

4. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Well obviously if he fails it doesn't matter . Either way hes still fudged , I agree but I wouldn't go down with out a fight and a dismissed case might help his case for future driving endeavors . You would be amazed what a well funded Lawyer can do for you , either way its alot of money .

LoSt_AgAiN and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    How are you not even in cuffs, to post here?!? No dis, man... but sheesh.. :(

alds, Coffey, Crude Truckin' and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    He is going to fight. Thats what hiring a lawyer, not accepting a plea deal, and demanding nothing less than a dismissed/jury trial is doing. It ls going to cost him a lot of money for sure for sure. Id say 5000 because hes a truck driver. But its worth it to keep your record clean .. And I dont think the company would fire him untill he plead guilty or was found guilty. At least as a company owner I wouldn't fire him because that could legally open up a lawsuit especially if he beats the charge... But thats a whole different story. They can do what they want.

alds, Coffey and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    If DOT caught him, they called the highway patrol. The highway patrol wrote him a ticket and notified his company. The company canned him on the spot. The good thing is, this isn't as damaging as failing a random drug and alcohol test. And it will be cheaper to fight.

alds, Brettj3876, Coffey and 5 others Thank this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You're not giving us enough information. Was your truck searched or was the pipe in plain view?
    If the truck was searched what was the probable cause that led to the search?
    Help us out here. You can get better information if we know more about what's going on.

Grouch, LoSt_AgAiN, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ask for a DNA sample of the pipe.

there are always traces of DNA, i know, a friend told me, or i saw it on Matlock.

alds, LoSt_AgAiN, bryan21384 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah like, did he take time off, and the company had someone else drive his truck?

did he give a hitch-hiker a ride?

did he leave his doors unlocked at any truck stop?

11. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    They aint doing fingerprints or DNA. Where do you guys come uo with this stuff? When it comes to druds and paraphernalia, if its in your vehicle, and no one else claims it, its yours. Case closed. No trial. Done.

Get a lawyer tho, they may reduce the charges, and stop smoking meth.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.