DOT found a meth pipe in my truck

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by John Bertucci, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    Perry Mason, Matlock, LA LAW, NCIS, Mancuso FBI, Magnum PI, Barnaby Jones, Peter Gunn, and a friend of mine....at the truck stop counter, in Peoria, IL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Your right about the DNA and finger prints bc that cost to much money... But you have the right to a trial no matter what. But like i said, the chances of the DA ever taking it to trail is very slim with a simple misdemeanor charge which is exactly why he will get it dismissed.

OP dont let people talk you into pleading guilty. This is whats wrong with the people and the system. People have been taken advantage of for so long they just comply and give in. Stick to your guns. I know from several first hand experiences. Every time they wait out the time limits..one time it was literally 7 days till time limit was reached which was 4 years 51 weeks.. Hahaha.

alds, 4wayflashers and 650cat425 Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    It sounds like you've had quite a bit of experience with the judicial system.
    What do you advise if the meth pipe was actually his?

5. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    Ive had about 4 cases i can think of... Only 1 I agreed to deferred probation. Rest I beat. They even call you right before the time frame is about to expire to let you know you can still plead to some crazy costly terms to save yourself from prosecution but if you dont plea I cant guarntee the state wont take you to court. Last time I replied, what? My lawyer told me not to worry that this was an easy case... I think I'm going to take my lawyers advice and take my chances in court... Haha. Never hear from them again untill my dismissed letter arrives.

What do you mean if it his? Whos else could it be? ;)

And BTW just to be clear. I actually dont break the laws and just found myself in the places at the wrong times... One time i had a beer at fast food restraunt drive threw and my truck messed up right as he was driving by.... I picked up my friend from a party right after i got out of work. Took my only beer I had with me from the party. Only had couple sips out of it. I was 1 week from 21. Well lomg story short cop came to my truck after it had engine trouble and saw the beer. Saw I was 20 and took me in. I should have fought it bc I was on private property and he shouldn't have ever talked to me. So when I turned 21 I didn't even have ID on me. But that is not on my record and never happened according to anyone who looks and thats the most important thing.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    650cat425 Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Yeah, I'm kinda leaning toward it being his pipe. So...what you're doing is advising him how to beat the charges? Why?
    We really don't need any dopers out there on the road and finding loop-holes in the law just encourages them.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You don't know he's going to fight it. By the info he provided we don't know if the pipe was found by a LEO or who. It could have been a company mechanic that found it. He didn't say what record he wanted to get this off of. Criminal record? Dac. Company work record? All he did was to post a one sentience post with no info then leave the site 4 minutes later. The whole thing doesn't smell right.

8. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    You know, I honestly never even thought about it that way. I personally think that if this guy was smokingng meth while driving They should throw the book at him. I 100 percent believe in following the law when it comes to the safety of others.

But ive been harassed by cops for no reason , searched and talked down to bc they knew they could get away with it and nothing would ever happen. Ive had REALLY bad experiences with cops as a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN and its honestly ruined my perception of the justice system. Then you look online at how all these cops with their cop culture disrespecting, abusong the public however they want with no fear of prosecution... It honestly puts a bad taste in my mouth...

So I guess when I hear about people who have unfortunate events id like for them to fight back. And plus everyone makes mkstakes and hopefully this is the wake up call this guy needs to get his sheet together. It sucks how 1 mistake can literally ruin your career for the rest of your life. And i always tell people that. Keep your record clean!! Im responsible about my decisions and dont usually find myself in those situations. Youd never find a meth pipe in my truck. Haha

alds Thanks this.
  9. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hahaha I see where you’re going with this, the classic druggy defense, “It, it was the officer’s I swear!”

buddyd157, bryan21384 and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Oh boy, innocent until proven guilty is for court, not a forum.

The op came here and I asked two questions that are very important.

These questions are there to build a foundation for a defense.

The first one has to do with a fact that if he has the truck for say six weeks, it is not easy to blame someone else.

The second one goes to reasoning of why he was searched, it isn't a case where it is a random search but there is a lot more to the story,

As for the company, well that's on them

11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I predict he never comes back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.