Double blind shipment

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Wespipes, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    This is a first for me. Book a really good load $3 a mile. Brooker says it's a double blind load. Shipper cant know where it's going and receiver cant know where it came from. Have separate BOL's for pick up and drop off. anyone had this kind of load before? It's a load of aluminum, 42k lbs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will need a third BOL filled out yourself with the complete shipping origin and destination etc. Keep that one away from the other two until after delivery. Then scribble something. Sometimes I'll have the office drone stamp the time and date on a empty blank BOL form and do it for me as a favor in exchange for a coffee plus a dollar for their favorite snack in those days. Then fill out the BOL as complete with all of the information, staple everything together and turn that in. (After making copies and retaining for myself the particulars of the trip in a journal book so that I can check payroll and make sure thats paid.)

Coffey and Wespipes Thank this.
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    YEah have done quite a few. Normally they are recycle loads. Bigger pain is scaling before and after getting loaded. Just follow the brokers instructions carefully and you’ll be fine.

PE_T, Coffey and PPDCT Thank this.
  5. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Yes, have had to take the tags off bundles of steel, picked up in Chicago at the port, went to Laredo picked up a few more bundles that had came from Mexico, took those tags off, met a truck from Mexico, off loaded it for Mexico. Not unusual, not illegal, they are protecting their business.

6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I'm sure someone will be on here soon to say it's illegal and they're screwing you and everyone else by doing it.

PE_T, Coffey, ChicagoJohn and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Nah it’s been done many times. Broker or middleman using broker is making a cut off ordering something for someone and he’s just getting it from the pick up and marking up the price but doesn’t want receiver to know. It’s legal just make sure to follow broker instructions can’t let receiver know about this might cause some hard feelings.

PE_T, Coffey, Wespipes and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Make sure you hand the DOT the right BOL.
    He can match the e-log to pick up location.

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    Whats great, is when the reciever looks at the “fake bol” and goes to door opens and gets real one from door pouch.

Have done a few, usually the companies get in a kitty fight over something and dont wanna do business with each other, but they still do. They’ll know where it came from, but some people act as if they dont.
    D8A2BA5C-F245-4C32-AAF4-B01F261155A5.jpeg

D.Tibbitt and Wespipes Thank this.
  10. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    My favorite Blind shipment was last year. A 25 mile run brokered by Landstar. My fake BOLs showed the load coming from New Jersey. Anyways I was sent to a Sams Club Store in Ocala, FL. Not a DC like a actual store to pick up an entire load of frozen French Fries that delivered to a DC down the road. Someone was getting robbed... and it wasn’t Landstar, Me, or Sams Club.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Yes.
    I had broker provide accurate bol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.