Double brokers?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by frankiekts, Nov 29, 2016.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    2 things will happen should you "Suggest" transparency, (Tried it multiple times early in my career).
    1.You Lose any and all future relationships with said broker(Didn't matter anyway)
    2.They Still wont be 100% transparent- They don't care about an FMCSA rule

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luwi67

Luwi67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Long island
    But it can be done if a carrier really wanted or needed to know.

It's section 371.3 in the FMCSA regs, I tried to upload the page if anyone is interested but, Photobucket is giving me fits.

4. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Mercer loves to yank loads off other load boards and post them on Mercers board. Yes they do it.

Mercer loves harvesting loads from other brokers and boards and making it sound like Mercer went to the shipper themselves lol.

Yes Mercer does it. Lazy. Now not all Mercer agents do this. But the vast majority of them do.

That is why most of the loads at Mercer have such bad rates. Everyone takes a bite of the sandwich leaving the driver with the crust.

PS. Mercer just uses the term "shipper" or "customer" Mercer does not get into the details of the scheme nor will they tell you unless it's really one of their customers they managed to get themselves.

stayinback Thanks this.
  5. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I believe it ^^^

knew they were shady years ago with outside carriers

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I love jokers that talk trash about a carrier yet stay leased on to them. If its so bad grow a spine and take your truck elsewhere. But wouldn't matter of you did, you'd have the same problem no matter what carrier you leased to cause sometimes the problem isn't the carrier, its the idiot looking back at you in the mirror.

7. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    How were they shady to you? One of the reasons im leased here is cause of how easy and open they were to deal with as an outside carrier.

8. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hi spyder.....

Biggest reason for shadiness? HONESTY-

They were- Dishonest with the rates from customers-
    They couldn't provide me with actual billed statements
    After I did some investigating myself..I Found many shipments I either Moved or Bid on were 30-40% UNDER market for those lanes- AND They were caught red-handed lying about it.
    And When I suggested more money on that Lane they used the infamous "That's All we got in it" (Lied again)

Just Poor experience for me, I Learned years ago Never to Use an existing carrier with a brokerage for Freight- YOU REALLY NEVER WIN.

Now, Having said that- Since you are "Leased" to them as a contractor- It May Be differen't- Im Hoping your doing well for yourself- Because They Really Have No Interest in Helping outside carriers AT ALL...

9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That was the exact opposite of my experience as an outside carrier. Heck back before direct deposit was so easy if i was gonna be heading through louisville id just hang on to the paperwork and walk it in. Get a check on the spot in about ten minutes. Got to be fairly familiar with a few of them and one day just joking around said something like "so what did you really have in it" with our missing a beat he said well come here, he typed in his computer and in twenty seconds printed up a chippy of their invoice to the customer. "Here ya go, and Antoine you want to see our invoice just ask" That impressed me. No other broker had ever been so forthcoming.

10. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Well that's Great News........

I didn't like the fact that they were staying Firm on 30-40% Margins...To Me ,That's Gouging at all angles..And They Didn't like the Fact I Found out to coincide with their actions.......

Just Rubbed me wrong within business etiquette- I Get it-Its a Free Market- But Don't Insult people THEN Lie on top of it.......Im Hoping they have changed their ways- And apparently,According to your statement,They Have. Honesty is the best Policy- But apparently,Not in transportation

Wish you Much Success spyder.

11. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Just to clarify...did you get those loads thru mercer in louisville? Or was it one of their agents?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.