Doug Andrus Distributing

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Saltyoldone, Jun 16, 2019.

1. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Just be patient they will come.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    If I quit a OTR company everytime I broke the cookie cutter rules that govern OTR trucking, I would probably have 20 companies in the last 10yrs on my resume instead of 2.
    As a solo driver it's kinda hard to break HOS rules since the logs are integrated with the ECM & have a battery back-up. Once you confirm they can't be changed. Does Andrus have a different system then what I'm aware of? So when off the training truck you were still worried you couldn't be Dudley Do Right?
    The safety dept at most OTR companies are like hot dogs. Its all about presentation not the actual content of the product. And even Dudley Do Right would break the law if he was a OTR trucker.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Elg1968 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Fuhlman

Fuhlman Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Quick update on this post. This driver did turn his logs over the DOT. We received a visit with an auditor that was here almost a full week for over 8 hours a day. We passed with flying colors. The comment made to this driver about all of the drivers we have that are have driven over 500,000 safe miles or more was accurate. Most veteran drivers know that drivers don't stay with companies that act like this driver claimed we acted. Bash if you want but our safety scores are excellent and our retention is well above average.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nice to see a rebutle.

Bumper, jbird05031126 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. Fuhlman

Fuhlman Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Thanks, was going to include the entire email with this guy. We had nothing but nice things to say about him, and apologized big time that it didn't work out. Wished him well. This driver is probably a really good one. Ours was his first OTR job out of CDL school. His trainer has been a trainer for us for many years and has so many good trainee reviews that he is one of our best. I have no idea what happened between these guys and it's too bad it went south. I hope this driver has a great career.

Rollr4872, Lonesome and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    Thank you for your kind words. I knew my complaint would turn into a he said, she said situation when I filed it.
    It just comes down to I only drove about 20 hours over a three week period and sat in the passenger seat the rest of the time, up to 16 hours some days. If I’d have stayed until I solo’d I’d have no one to blame except myself when I screwed up.

8. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    Still ranting...

So, yesterday I’m driving my POV west through Wyoming and I was coming up on one of the bridge constructions between Rock Springs and Evanston where the speed limit is 45mph. A DA truck rolls up on me so fast I thought he was going to hit me. By the time I clear the construction 200 yards later all I could see in my mirror was Freightliner. Between that and the obscenities that were coming over the CB makes me wish I would have slowed down and took his truck number.

Stay classy Doug Andrus?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    CB has an off switch. Drive the limit and eff him.

Saltyoldone and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Aftet the old man retired/died?? and the boys took over it all kinda went to hell... Or so I have heard. I know alot of people that have driven there over the years, most say they wont work there now that the boys are running the show.

snowlauncher and speedyk Thank this.
  11. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    from what I’ve seen the people who drive for that company are idiots. Almost had one tried to take the nose off my truck because he had to get to the love’s fuel island before everyone else.

speedyk and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.