Driver Facing Camera

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by truckdriverslave82, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    I'm surprised you don't have a new video everyday. Just pick the best 1 out of 20 idiots you see everyday and post it. With that said the hanging out in the middle lane is where we disagree. I don't care how slow I have to drive to stay in the right lane (usually 55 mph the on/off traffic has plenty of time to adjust around me) I will do it. I94/I80/I90 junction sometimes 45 mph to stay right. BUT if I do get in the middle lane you better believe if I see someone coming up I'm gonna get the hell out of the way. You will cause road rage which will defeat any "lesson" you are trying to teach them. Also if they do manage to work there way around you I've seen a few videos lately where the passer had a lesson of his own to teach... a break check!

DSK333 and scottied67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I'm actually trying to get out of the snitchy video genre. I have about 12 more CDL drivers holding phones videos but they are dropping only once a month for the next year.

4. TIMPTE 527

May 28, 2018
    Ok I never considered your videos of someone looking down at their phone texting to be snitchy.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    What’s the big deal? He didn’t want to deal with merging traffic is all. So it’s perfectly reasonable to force others over to deal with merging traffic while trying to pass.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Kind of funny, just the threat of receiving your own treatment has you on the offensive. Now that is priceless.

And why would they terminate your lease Scotty? In your eyes you do NO wrong. Right? I mean you are the golden child are you not???

DSK333 Thanks this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And yet you don't realise you are the one that will cause driver cams and limiters to be mandated if they are. Well types like you anyway....

8. TIMPTE 527

May 28, 2018
    So all of you consider him a snitch for showing a guy texting and driving. How many crashes are in the accident section from distracted drivers. Shouldn't we all be calling these guys out.

Ind0792 and scottied67 Thank this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    You have it twisted. I show what I show to create groundswell support from truckers in our own industry to police ourselves before the government has to step in and mandate driver facing cameras to solve the problem.

It is an interesting dynamic when those same truckers I'm trying to raise awareness with, are instead having butthurt reactions to my videos which are definitely meant to help the industry right itself, certainly before the government steps in and does it with driver facing cameras which most drivers do not want.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You contradict yourself so much. If this is such a big important issue why did you just say that you’re trying to get away from the snitching videos and will only be releasing one a month? Cutting back won’t increase awareness and it won’t help you save the industry.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll add a couple more tidbits. If you impose a camera on me in that truck you might as well pick a pretty dispatcher for me to look at on my end. //snarky.

The rest of it is simply a no go. I would not do cameras in my face anyway. Maybe dispatcher can wear a seatbelt at his computer keyboard too. Fairs fair.

I better stop here while it's good. Don't worry, if I did something seriously stupid on the road there will be a thousand cameras making me a viral zero to be a laughing stock of the industry in short order. You do not want a company name all over the trailer when that happens.

misterG Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.