Driver Facing Camera

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by truckdriverslave82, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I thought about having one of those installed in the truck. My wife needs the exercise during my shift.

snowman_w900 and UturnGirl Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    All i know is that the precedence has been set. FMCSA Will go after drivers and company’s for blatantly breaking the laws on video and posting it to social media.

That said, @scottied67 i sincerely hope you tick off the wrong guy. The one who will watch your videos with a pen & note pad. Taking notes of video title, time stamps, and violations committed. Then promptly follow up with the Feds.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Scottie stop snitching and mind your own business or we will get into your business and snitch on you lol

Maybe you guys should mind your own business?

5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Don't like having the tables turned?

snowman_w900 Thanks this.
  6. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    With a driver facing camera she could post on YouTube and make extra $$

7. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    That's an awesome idea. Your idea is wayyyyy better than Scottie's. That's a video we might actually watch.

shogun and UturnGirl Thank this.
  8. GreenPete359

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    No he does not.
    Take your own advice much???

I just hope you get post happy when your world starts to come crashing down. I Sooooooooo wanna see it happen, but not bad enough that i would support your You Tube channel.

Kind of sad isn’t it. I wrote Scottie off and formed a non-flattering opinion of him, off watching less than 3 minutes of one video over 2 years ago. Lol

DSK333 Thanks this.
  9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    And she could log it as time in the bunk....

snowman_w900 and scottied67 Thank this.
  10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I don't know, better run it by these fine esteemed trucking legal scholars who might advise that since it a commercial venture, the time should be logged On Duty LOL

11. GreenPete359

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Scottie, educate me, explain how i’m wrong. I’m open to listenjng to you. All be it a slim chance maybe you can chamge my mind here.

I’ll throw out a few (as known to me) facts. Then you can run with it....

Known Fact: you earn commision from Amazon thru your YouTube video links. (This generates profits.)

Known Fact: you recieve income via YouTube for advertisements played during your videos.
    (Generates profits)
    Known Fact: the more views a video generates, the more revenue it generates.

Known Fact: you ensure your content will deliver maximum views. (Ex: riding the center lane and forcing fellow truckers to pass you on the left and right, so you can demonize them on video.)

Ok now here is some other legit knowledge...

Income & Expenses | Internal Revenue Service
    Question
    How do you distinguish between a business and a hobby?
    Answer
    In making the distinction between a hobby or business activity, take into account all facts and circumstances with respect to the activity. No one factor alone is decisive. You must generally consider these factors in determining whether an activity is a business engaged in making a profit:

• Whether you carry on the activity in a businesslike manner and maintain complete and accurate books and records.
    • Whether the time and effort you put into the activity indicate you intend to make it profitable.
    • Whether you depend on income from the activity for your livelihood.
    • Whether your losses are due to circumstances beyond your control (or are normal in the startup phase of your type of business).
    • Whether you change your methods of operation in an attempt to improve profitability.
    • Whether you or your advisors have the knowledge needed to carry on the activity as a successful business.
    • Whether you were successful in making a profit in similar activities in the past.
    • Whether the activity makes a profit in some years and how much profit it makes.
    • Whether you can expect to make a future profit from the appreciation of the assets used in the activity.

Regulations Section
    Question 111: Must non transportation-related work for a motor carrier be recorded as on-duty time?

Guidance: Yes. All work for a motor carrier, whether compensated or not, must be recorded as on-duty time. The term “work” as used in the definition of “on-duty time” in §395.2 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) is not limited to driving or other non transportation-related employment.

Ok, i’ve made my points. Please make your points, using facts not mindless b.s.. nobody cares about what other people do, this is all about you. You are the one with the apparent God (“Better than tho”) syndrome. Remember if you didn’t make a “hobby” out of berating others, then you would not be getting jumped on right now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.