Drivers solutions and usa trucking

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by triguy22, Oct 8, 2007.

1. cjoe85

cjoe85 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Well I live in Chicago, which isn't that far from Ft Wayne. I'm on the midwest regional so I go home every weekend and so far have never had a problem getting a load heading toward home. Chicago is such an important freight hub that you shouldn't have a problem getting home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skyline

skyline Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2007
    scottsboro alabama
    :biggrin_2553:beware. I worked for usa for a while but my wife could not handle me being gone for months at a time so I had to leave. Now drivers solutions sent me a bill for $6,960.00.this is over a thousand more than what they first said. The school only cost $1400.00 if you pay up front. whats the other $5,500.00 for?

4. Enigma

Enigma Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Memphis, Tn.
    Are you saying that USA forced you to work for months without any hometime?

5. ricobull

ricobull Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Please define months. Also if you received a bill for that much then you must not have honored your part of the contract which is to work for the sponsoring company for twelve months. They gave you contract with all the information about the cost of the school. Yes if you can pay up front it is only 1400.00, that is the benefit of paying upfront.

6. DannyB

DannyB Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    Hi Terry,
    I know what you mean about the wise part. The older I get the less I think I know. ;)
    You won't need your glasses to see the hole, it's about the diameter of an ink pen, and right in the middle of my forehead. Just an old shrapnel wound that never healed quite right. Didn't used to be visible, but, with the old receding hairline.....
    I got a third offer at the last minute, from Averitt Express, I jumped on it. Haven't heard much negative about that company.
    I drove over and found the school yesterday, met one of the instructors and the girl that runs the office. They both seem quite friendly and competent. Glad I found it before the first day though, finding it in rush hour traffic would not have been fun. If you are driving down, take some extra time. I469 is under construction so expect delays.

7. terrym249

terrym249 Bobtail Member

I plan on getting to the motel around 5 on Sunday.

8. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007
    The cash price of the school is $3,495. If you pay that then you can go throught the school as an Independent student and you won't have to sign a contract with PAM or USA Truck. Not sure where you're getting $1400. That wouldn't even cover the cost of insurance while you were in school.

9. Lugnut1968

Lugnut1968 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Newnan Ga

The $1400 ($1000 for the classes and $400 for lodging if you used it) is what a student has to pay back in addition to what the carriers pay. Once you are first seat driver they hold $45 a week out of your check until your year is up. At that time they send the $1400 to the school and you are SUPPOSED to get any additional amount you over paid back.

*note* the $45 amount coming out of your check is in addition to the $50 a week escrow account the carrier will be hitting you up for until the escrow gets to $500 then that stops. So for the first 10 weeks that you are first seat driver you are already starting out $95 in the hole. Not meant to discourage anyone at all, just giving you a heads up so you can adequately prepare for those short checks.

10. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    i work for usa have been with them for 7 months.they do not force anyone to stay out for months at a time.i have out for as little as two weeks and as long as 33 days and gotten home with no problem.

11. cjoe85

cjoe85 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    The carrier takes the $500 escrow account at a rate of $25 per week not $50 a week, but it still is a pain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.