driving for walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by toombsjt, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Giffordlodge

Giffordlodge Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Glencoe, Oklahoma

If you go to this link below & register, you can then receive email notifications as soon as an available position is open for applying.

Have your resume & cover letter ready. That way when a position opens in an area of your interest, you can jump on it.

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/home.aspx?PartnerId=25222&SiteId=5022

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lopez51

lopez51 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2016
    california
    How is orientation, and do you get to keep the same truck or do you switch it up, new hire

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. tdreher

tdreher Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2015
    A lot of info is tossed at you in orientation, but they know you're not going to absorb it all. You'll understand it when you go with your mentor. We were at orientation for 3 1/2 days and got paid for 40 hrs. Then at least a week in the truck with your mentor. When you are on your own, you'll switch trucks. A lot.

lopez51 Thanks this.
  6. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I have chosen not to go drive for Walmart...nothing personal just my decision.

7. AJ "Chip" Bustamante III

AJ "Chip" Bustamante III Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I just got hired by WalMart after 6 months of trying to get on there. This has been my goal since I started driving 20 years ago. I start orientation next week. Everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful even the guys with 10 plus year patches on their shirts. That says a lot about a company when the majority of their drivers have been there that long.

slim6596 and noninetofive Thank this.
  8. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Driver I spoke with a Walmart driver while my company truck was being serviced at a dealer shop. He told me when I asked him several questions that it's slip seat, they do pay an 1.5 hrs for you to clean out for the next driver, it's regional like 250/300 mile radius for him anyways, good money. ..I'm just not into regional driving, for many years I like running the 48 and major portions of Canada, and don't like slip seating. But hey that's me, you may not care.

pusherman Thanks this.
  9. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    We're not paid to clean trucks while slipseating. You're expected to do it for free.

foggy and georgear1084 Thank this.
  10. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    Not sure which DC that driver was out of but it's different for all DC's. My DC we run in about 7 states. Our GTM says he likes for us to run a minimum of 450 miles a day. I usually average about 525-550 miles a day. As far as slip seating goes, that also is on a DC by DC basis. I just mentored (trained) a new driver who is going directly to a 5/2 5/3 program where 3 drivers will drive 2 assigned units. No slip seating involved. Our GTM does allow you to go on the clock while switching trucks.

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  11. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    That's nice, no money thrown at us while doing it even after the idea was brought up in grassroots numerous times. I don't make a mess, but it can still suck 30 mins of your time on your quickest switch.

12. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    What you think abouts those cameras that they are installin to keep an eye on you???

13. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    Well if you know the details it's just a 6 month pilot program in a couple of D.C.'s.
    After that they will review the data and see how they want to proceed if at all.
    So it really doesn't affect me at this time and I run my own camera 24:7.

• Truckers Report Jobs