Driving for Walmart

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nole Man, Mar 17, 2018.

1. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    Last WalMart driver I talked to said everything getting worse from benefits to time off. Not what it once was which was a good place to drive. Can't say for certain but given the increase in dedicated outside carriers doing WalMart I would say WalMart is testing the waters for eliminating their private fleet for the most part.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slengoflengo

slengoflengo Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Core Mark Sacramento just took over pretty much all northern California Wal Mart grocery, so there's a decent amount of wal mart drivers without jobs right there. Core mark actually isn't a bad beginner/very little experience job either ... i bring home (net)11-1300 a week after taxes, 401k & insurance & our insurance is above avg. med, dental & vision for driver & all dependents, & for me to say ANY insurance is even half decent means A LOT after having UPS insurance for 15 years as a part timer (part timers/full time drivers same insurance at UPS). We have 13 hr days & 7 hr days it's like a marriage you just take the good with the bad & as long as you're not a lazy sh^T that doesn't mind the delivering aspect you'll be fine. We have 4 drivers that left sysco & sygma, make maybe 3-500 less a week but say the "ease" of our delivering vs sysco's is night & day & you couldn't offer them 1k more a week to go back.

4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    The grocery stuff in Cali was all Schneider and Swift.

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I love it when outsiders always claim walmart drivers got laid off or canned. when the person telling the story doesnt even know the truth.

Coover Thanks this.
  6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    C'MON man they know more than us, they heard it from "that guy" at the lunch counter that hauls classified Black ops loads for the cia

7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    back ops TA round table talk

8. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    When did the Cocaine Import Agency start letting outside ppl pull there loads. I thought they only flew it in themselfs. And use the airforce to fly in the opium from the Afghan land.

Coover and 06driver Thank this.
  9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Most of those folks at the outside carriers have so little information they are dangerous. Seriously. I asked one at 6059 how they liked it there(been a month since they took over) and what did it pay. She did not understand why they had to pull Walmart trailers, and said "I don't know how we get paid I am still a trainee".

Just ####.

Coover Thanks this.
  10. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I don't understand why they can't wreck and destroy their own trailers also.....

There is a reason almost none of the reefer trailers say Wally world on the side

haz-matguru and 06driver Thank this.
  11. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Since the outside carrier is hauling WM dedicated. They pull WM trailers and use there own trailers for other accounts. If you hire me as a race car driver then I'm using your car not mine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.