Driving with Cancer

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Driver with Cancer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Best of luck for a speedy recovery. As far as the scumbags that fired you? Get an attorney. There are countless lawyers that will take your case (if you have a case) pro bono, or on a contingency basis.

On a side note, this kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach. Cancer, MS, AIDS, etc... could all be be cured. But, the pharmaceuticals won’t have that. It would rob them of the lifetime of residual payments from “maintenance” drugs.

Corporate greed is truly sickening. My dream is that I live to see the fall of Wall Street.

superflow, 88 Alpha, mjd4277 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive been following certain assessments going the rounds. I feel that war is pretty close believe it or not. I would prefer it not be, but grains of sand like myself do not get to say we will do this or not do that in life.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I believe it’s coming sooner rather than later, myself.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I agree that it's sickening, but they're not hiding magic cures. Cancer by itself is dozens of separate unrelated diseases. There's countless hours looking for cures and effective treatments to these diseases. Not a whole lot of lottery winners.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    When I interviewed with ODFL I got that faceless corp impression and moved on. Nice isn't the same as honest and ethical.

Focus on healing however you can.

x1Heavy, Tb0n3 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  7. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    You’re right about the numerous types of cancer, but I disagree that they all couldn’t be cured by now. There hasn’t been a disease cured since the 50s. Why? Because the pharmaceuticals don’t want to cure anything.

This is personal to me. My wife has had Multiple Sclerosis since 1988. We’ve dealt with neurologist, urologist, internal medicine, etc...

They all have some drug to pedal, but no answers. You’re going to tell me that we can send people to the moon, create all the technology we have today, but, by coincidence, we haven’t been able to cure any disease since the 40s?

I call ########

Milr72, x1Heavy, The Big T and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Big explosions are really easy compared to internal bodily functions. There's no guarantee there even can be a cure. There's projects like folding@home which uses millions of computers to try and simulate protein folding in search of new drug interactions. It's slow and expensive work. Until/unless someone makes a breakthrough it's just a process of stumbling in the dark hoping to find cures.

9. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Do you really believe that ?
    ....if they were looking for a cure that hard then why don't jump at every opportunity for breakthrough discovery they hear about around the world ?

America is the only Nation on Earth that has this Pharmaceutical problem
    ....look it up for yourselves

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Because most breakthrough discoveries turn out not so breakthrough. Why waste the manpower doing the same work when you can keep them working on their own projects?

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    OF all the things they did to the spouse in there (Stage three breast cancer, sentinel test showed that it's pretty much in her lymph nodes to where they would "Escape" and then metastasize all over the body. What is killing me now this year is we are seeing some abnormal results again. Nothing conclusive at the moment, but I suspect at some point that #### cursed doctor is going to sit at his desk and say the words again. That would be when you wont see me for 10 days here. Im too busy with her.

People in the past have had caner and it will just kill them flat. They did not seem to care that they are finally fixing to go see God and learn if they are in the book or not. Why? Becasue the body they destroyed in work that ultimately got them a small hovel, a bit of muddy clay field and maybe a few screaming demanding babies to feed with whatever food is in the can that hour and not before. And when it's time to die under hospice they are gone. Almost as if good riddance with that broken body that is always sick and unable to do anything at 40. They are free now. They died very badly and in pain yes, horrible.

Only because we do not have very much in the way of lethal laws. Other nations have that and are successful. When you decide it's time and it too much pain to lie to your family saying you are fine there is no point. You have already had all the tomorrows you will stand in this life. One more will reduce you into a screaming pain racked infant requiring 24/7 for every little thing such as cleaning yourself while the authorities deem that life is so precious you must be kept alive at all costs. And you will be.

I prefer not to think on that too much we have managed to kill some 70 millions since Roe Vs Wade and on the other end force millions to endure. There is a wing in the hospital up in searcy, not much of a wing. They call it Advanced care with a 50 dollar sign. Above that sign is three layers of electro magnetic doors protected by several large nurses skilled in security among other things haldol inc. There are people there who will grind out their last days because our Society, our Family courts and so on has deemed it to be so. Pain? Only when it gets too disruptive for others.

She and I has talked about the end days what she will require in way of care and DNR orders and so on. We have talked it over so much that it's not difficult at all to amend this or that according to learning new things medical that is possible without suffering. I would rather die a thousand deaths than to see Advanced care get a hold of her. And that's not going to happen.

Back to the medicine. It cost a grotesque amount of money to fight and defeat this enemy. Only to learn how to take vitamins properly. The kind in a 18000 dollar injection that needs to be 7, once daily after chemo and reefer at 45 degrees F for all of them. 45 exactly not 47 or 44. 45. Now I tell you we don't use thermoking reefers in our arkansas houses which is alittle crooked here and there and maybe a little draft over yonder. However the smiles after that vitamin week made her really strong.

Which was not much good in them days. The Chemo hurt her mind causing her to have what I call a 6 year sleep. That is why I am grey decades early. I carried her for 6 years when no one else would lift a finger. I was happy to do it. It did do some damage inside of me in several ways. But all of that is not a problem.

I leave you with one thought here in Arkansas. You probably heard about the American Cancer Society. They have had a presence in Arkansas like anywhere. If you are a rich donor with money regardless of your cancer situation, you will be taken care of as they strip the money out of you. IF you are a vet with hardly nothing except what you live on? They wont lift a finger. Not then not now. They know how to coo encouragement until you leave with a smile and ideas only to stop short about a mile down the road and say wait a minute. It's all good.

Sometimes when I write these things it's easy for someone to think I am such a bitter dried out person who should be committed as a danger to self and all that. I say it aint so. Our days pass in love and peace most of the time as long as I do the cooking of our humble spagetti dinner correctly tonight. That's the key to enjoying life. Doing things what you can do well and let the rest go. It's relatively easy to do when you have lived to be 50 before you made it to 30.

superflow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.