DUI

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by devon<3, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Nothing in your life will change until you take responsibility for your decisions. He ratted on you. But YOU put yourself in the position.
    Start with one good responsible decision and keep moving forward.
    I'm no angel but when I screw up, I blame me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    IMO, 90 percent chance you will be convicted of dui and then the answer is no, you will have to wait 5-7 years before getting a CDL.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    But do we really want someone with a possible drinking problem out here driving an 18 wheeler?

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Dont hitch hike out, to many nut cases out here, lol Catch they grey dog instead!

Sprout and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    When you go to court the Prosecutor tries to establish things like "physical control of vehicle",open containers ,keys in ignition etc.Main questions what state? Were you drinking before you parked? Open containers? Was it private property? All come into play.You say cops couldnt find the keys.This may be good.Probably beat charge if you were stopped for the night.Take some doing on a lawyers part,probably be pled down to open container or drunk in public.Probably put the brakes on getting a CDL for a while,but with time anything is possible.My relative had 2 driving on suspended license charges,leaving seen of a accident hitting a (parked car),no insurance etc.He now drives a dump truck.

7. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Sounds like she was using her non-commercial personal vehicle as a residence at the time of the police visit. We do not have enough knowledge of the OP to make any sort of assessment of their personal drinking habits.

Going through separation and living in a personal vehicle is certainly enough to justify a couple drinks at the end of the day - as long as you don't enter a commercial vehicle, or drive a personal vehicle.

Again, to the OP. Lawyer. Now. You need to protect your CDL before you even get it.

faux_maestro, rachi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    So would i get in trouble if i stop at Applebee’s on my way back into town & have a beer with my dinner? I mean it’s only one beer & it’s a half hour from the house.

Lol. You make a bad decision & you live with the repercussions. Op made a bad one, now she gets what she gets. By the sounds of it she made several bad ones.

Now i’m almost out of popcorn & act 2 hasn’t even begun yet. I hope we get an intermission.

HoneyBadger67 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    For a non-CDL holder, one beer is rarely enough to trigger a DUI, unless the drink is in the vehicle, or the driver is very small.

We do not know enough about this case to be throwing stones.

faux_maestro, Adieu and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    People quit drinking every single day and change for the better. They even quit hard drugs and improve themselves. What makes it harder for people to improve themselves is when we shut doors on them and tell them all they can do is flip burgers at McDonalds.

tman78, ncmickey, faux_maestro and 3 others Thank this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    She just hasn't dated a real Texas man yet. Someone that is a man and knows how to treat a lady.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.