E W Wylie

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Jwjethro69, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Charlienelson

Charlienelson Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Two years with Wylie. I’d recommend them for training only. If you have experience and they pay you more than someone with less experience they will throttle your miles.
    The people in the office do not like the drivers and create a hostile work environment.
    The ops manager thinks a loaded Pete can take the same weight as a day cab. It she BTI ks you have too much personal stuff they will tell you to remove items.
    The trucks do not idle and the parameters are set at 92 and 17 degrees. Most of the bunk units don’t work.
    65 mph trucks.
    Micromanaging is insane.
    If you get hurt on the road and you can drive they will take you to Fargo to see Sanford Occ Med.
    I will say Daseke offers good benefits.

2. Charlienelson

Jun 22, 2018
    Two years with Wylie. I’d recommend them for training only. If you have experience and they pay you more than someone with less experience they will throttle your miles.
    The people in the office do not like the drivers and create a hostile work environment.
    The ops manager thinks a loaded Pete can take the same weight as a day cab. It she BTI ks you have too much personal stuff they will tell you to remove items.
    The trucks do not idle and the parameters are set at 92 and 17 degrees. Most of the bunk units don’t work.
    65 mph trucks.
    Micromanaging is insane.
    If you get hurt on the road and you can drive they will take you to Fargo to see Sanford Occ Med.
    I will say Daseke offers good benefits.

3. Charlienelson

Jun 22, 2018

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I think that has something to do with ND's workers comp laws. When I was with Magnum (out of Fargo as well), they had some special instructions if we were ever hurt on the job, and had a WC claimable injury.

As far as Daseke bene's...they're good, if they approve whatever you need done. A friend said he was going to go to the chiropractor until he spoke to Daseke's benefits people....$1500 deductible out of pocket before they cover their 80%, but will only cover 12 visits, and they start counting visits from your 1st visit, which is 100% paid out of pocket.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.