ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

What I want to know is how mega companies are instructing their drivers to use yard move. Is it strictly on shippers and receivers or only to be used when you run out of your 11 for the day? Last I heard FMCSA hasn’t fully defined the use of yard move, but I believe that it will eventually be addressed in the next few years. Well, the most obvious misuse of yard move is using it on public roads.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    We were instructed that yard move is for moving truck anywhere beside public road,and it doesn’t count against your 11,but counts against your 70.

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I agree. What company is it if I may ask?

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    It doesn't really benefit to use it while there is still time on the 11 since it is an On Duty status; it is driver's prerogative to use it or not while there is time available on the 11. It is however a great benefit to use it after the 8, 11, or 14 have expired.

PE_T Thanks this.
  6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I use it all the time. It can give you 3-10 minutes of more drive time every day. Sure, that’s not a lot, but it does help advance the load as much as possible each day. There are days you wish you had 5 more minutes to be able to make it to this one truck stop, otherwise, you’ll have to shut down early because there is 30 miles of not a single place where to park for the night.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Crete

PE_T Thanks this.
  8. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    These idiots that are making these rules are having to make #### up as they go along because they dont know wtf they're doing and it doesn't make any sense. They create a rule, see all the issues that go along with it, and improvise and slightly tweak the rules to try to make it make sense, but it wont. How did trucking get like this ??? I'm frustrated and blame the generations prior I feel like I didn't even get a chance. This job ain't as fun as it looked when I was like 6 years old or sat in my middle school/high school classroom feeling like an inmate daydreaming about being on the open road on a beautiful sunny day in a big truck

SmallPackage and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I like your wisdom and postings...........

Why.How did trucking get like this?

Very Few of us left that Speak up- Very Few of us left that Question things...

Very Few of Us left that wear our hearts on our sleeves and take Pride in our jobs...Safely.

The Newer truckers (NOT ALL OF THEM) Need the Babysitting,Hand Holding and step by step instruction because If they didn't.....They would be a Spinning disaster.......They Need the Technology to assist with their daily activities..(Hence the ELD and other devices)

Guys that know what their dsoing out here don't even need to say a word- They Get the Job done safely-On Time and are a pleasure to share the highway with the motoring public.

And what I have just stated here could never spark debate or Question.

10. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Very well said my friend

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  11. Random truck guy

Random truck guy Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2018
    I shortened the quotes post above. I just wanted to highlight one or two things for the newer drivers out there do to the wording of the above quoted post.

1. The above is correct there us no violation.. .until you start driving, in fact all violations on like that when it comes to the hour related rules. So make sure to read your previous days log before you sign off on it so you know if your hours are going to be effected more so if you haven't taken a 10 hour yet.

2. Also remember there is a difference between company policy and the state and federal regs. Its important to know the difference because ( and I ran I to this because I was young and dumb :) )
    If your company says ya sure X is fiiiinnneeee, but that state trooper whips out the book and says 393. What ever the hell says your company's wrong....then guess what, your company's wrong and there's a violation on the inspection.

3. Last but not least. There are truck drivers and there are people who drive trucks. Be the first not the second take pride in the work and effort you out in to get the cdl we all carrie, if more did truck drivers would have a better image then what is current sadly.

Also more props to stayingback up above I second and or third that guys post :D

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.