ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Personal Conveyance is great if the company you work for Allows it. Unfortunately though, not all drivers have access to Personal Conveyance. I know Roehl Didn't allow any PC whatsoever. With Jrayl PC is allowed only if your told to move, otherwise its not allowed. Just saying, not everyone has that option.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Yard move is not legal in Canada. There is no option for it here.

peterd and Lpirtle Thank this.
  4. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    That might have been a secondary reason why Roehl didn't allow PC, since I know they run to Canada quite a bit. I know that the primary reason for the rule though was because of Fuel usage. (Lease operators were exempt from the rule.) I believe it was the same reason why inverters at Roehl had a three hour time limit on it. (I believe a company driver was only allowed to use the truck's inverter for three hours out of a 10 hour period.)

5. aaronpeterbilt3787

Apr 2, 2016
    Way too much micro management for this guy.

Bean Jr., spyder7723 and Lpirtle Thank this.
  6. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Me too. there was more micromanagement than this; but I felt like I was at a babysitting service rather than a driver. Even though I am stuck with a $7,000 bill now; I see my termination from the company as a blessing rather than a curse, as I am driving for a much better company now.

7. tiddlytanker

tiddlytanker Light Load Member

May 4, 2017
    Minot, ND
    Elogs have put me in line for the most part, but the 70 hour rule has got to go. Its completely idiotic that somehow safety increases due to this. 34 hours stuck in the sleeper is actually cruel. Do they expect me to spend that 34 hours on vacation and running errands around town in a 70 ft truck??

8. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Especially if you aren't allowed to use PC to run such errands.. guess were just expected to take an uber then.

Bean Jr. and tiddlytanker Thank this.
  9. tiddlytanker

tiddlytanker Light Load Member

May 4, 2017
    Minot, ND
    I would pay good money to see some of those guys in DC confined to a truck stop for 34 hours. I hope its a stop with only 4 day old roller dogs available.

10. aaronpeterbilt3787

Apr 2, 2016
    But you didn’t trip plan if you only have that to eat. (Insert sarcasm here)

Bean Jr. and tiddlytanker Thank this.
  11. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Pretty much; if your shutting down late at night, your lucky to get parking at a truck stop; might have to park at a rest area.. only food there is a vending machine or two.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.