ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You bent over and took the ELDs, you'll do the same for speed limiters too, and collision avoidance that slams the brakes going under overpasses, and heart rate monitor to make sure you're actually getting enough sleep on your break, you won't stand up against it because you'll see somebody else standing up against it you think you're better than.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    John Thune grew up across from my grandparent’s house and he knows my thoughts on all of that stuff.

If you want to lump in with the BSM characters that’s your choice, but can you honestly say that they had good leadership and were even remotely organized? They didn’t represent me any more than the ATA does. Plus I was in and out of Hawaii at the time and it’s always a slow roll over there.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Were they well organized, not really, then I'm guessing OOIDA wasn't real well organized in the first couple years either. I didn't see anything that dumb from them that I would say I'm too good to be associated with them. How many accidents did that group have between them, I'm guessing fewer than you would get if you picked 100 different mega fleet drivers at random.

5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Do you think most of these drivers out here now are doing it because they really want to? I'd bet probably 75% or so the answer would be no.

stayinback Thanks this.
  6. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    At Least........A Real Black eye to an industry some of us still here with pride.
    Oh Well, Im only 1 person....I can only say/do so much.

7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Getting 25-50 trucks at an event is a pitiful turnout.

The group has no clear message other than "eld bad, paper good"; their talking points were at times contradicting; they chose a name that alienates both environmentalists and civil rights groups; their form of protest did not allow for others to visably join in; they started "protesting" in the immediate run up to the mandate and a few months after instead of back in 2014 when it might have done some good; they had no political backing - no mayors, aldermen let alone Congressional members; the slow roll actively antagonized people without sharing the message.

Those are just my off the cuff thoughts about BSM and why I think they are a laughable group.

Nothing will be done until 2021. FMCSA doesn't have a director and the acting director is punting all major decisions. Regardless, FMSCA only hears what they want to and will continue to act however they see fit until Congress brings them to heel.

Roberts450, PE_T and Long FLD Thank this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I gave your comments where you helped me a “Thanks.” Show me one of your comments where you helped me and you didn’t receive a “Thanks” from me. You won’t find it. What else do you want me to do? People help me in this site, but I also help a lot of people too. This ain’t no one way street.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Like I said, I don’t hate my job. I believe that “dream jobs” are a fantasy. Even if you were to find a job that you really liked, there is no guarantee that you’ll like it in 2, 5, or 20 years later. So many people waste too much time jumping from job to job attempting to find that which does not exist.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Now that you mentioned jerk, you were being a jerk in my thread (and also here), which is also why I didn’t respond. To be fair, other members were also going at me. This is the thread in question.

Multi-stop Pick Turns to Intrastate Delivery? What do you do?

11. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

That’s what I was going to say. A large percentage of people became truck drivers because of the money. Who submits their lifestyle to OTR trucking and not do it for the money? Very few.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.