Employment History Question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jokerwild, Jul 19, 2015.

1. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrockLanders

BrockLanders Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Wisconsin
    It's HR's job to be judgmental. If you're not judging character and ability to perform you're not doing it right.

The OP asked why employers are concerned about gaps in employment. I answered.

If you have enough money to not have to work, then why are you applying for a job? I'll presume you'll quit just as soon as you've got enough money to live off of for awhile.

Living off of credit cards as opposed to working? I'll presume you're incredibly stupid and/or lazy.

Your old lady makes enough so you don't have to work? Again, what are you doing here? Even so, why are you such a bum that you're not working?

4. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    Wow. Big words for a man on the internet.
    WHATS your problem? You don't even know me. Yet you are making all these assumptions about me and my life and habits. Please kid, GTFO with your bs.

What I do with my life is non of your business. IF, were and when I work or were I go is none of your business again.

Im just pointing out the fact to the OP that it is NOT required that you notarize a form saying you sat at home. And anyone who says that is completely wrong and full of digested food ready to exit his colon.

AS for you calling me lazy and your other presumptions, I think your a punk and nothing more. You would never say these things to my face kid. But your a big man on the net. Arguing with you is a waste of time.
    I stand behind my point. YOU DO NOT NEED TO NOTARIZE ANYTHING TO PROVE YOUR GAPS OF EMPLOYMENT.

5. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
  6. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    SO just because someone posted it on the internet it is TRUE?
    Doesn't prove a thing.
    Anyone can ask anything in life. It doesn't make it the norm or the standard.

Again, my point still stands, I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED TO FILL ON OUT. And it is NOT the norm to have a notarized paper accounting for your time to get a trucking job.

7. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    Just read number 8.

My point is proven, IT IS NOT A MUST. They can ask. BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED TO NOTARIZE employment gaps. And it sounds completely ridiculous to me to to do so.

8. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    Then you either got lucky or the hr dept person was a dolt.

to have some sort of proof of your time is better in the long run than say show up for orientation and be sent home, because something could not be verified. if you never had to have a letter notarized, god dam i'm so happy for you I could just shyte a herd of wild wilder beasts..

But SOME companies WANT SOME sort of proof.

it's really that simple, or is the concept too hard for you to understand.>?????

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  9. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    WOW....
    Another internet tough guy i see.
    Please buddy....go play that with someone else. Just cause someone doesn't agree with you doesn't me you can attack them.

Your reading comprehension skills are not exactly up to parr. May I recommend HOOKED ON PHONICS..?

Reread my posts and do it carefully and out loud....sound the words out....AND Maybe then you will understand my point and do it to your posts also and maybe then you will see this argument is worthless.

MY POST/POINT STILL STANDS!
    YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING AUTHORIZED EXPLAINING YOUR GAPS OF EMPLOYMENT.
    They can ask what they want but its not a law.

And as for him going to orientation, if they approved him then his (hard copy) file sits in a drawer in case they get audited.
    That's it.
    Don't make it sound like he is applying for the CIA or the be secret service.

OP: Your applying for a trucking company. That's it. If its not on your Hire right aka DAC or PSP then they WILL NEVER FIND OUT. No they do not search your social security number to see who reported you on taxes.

10. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    It's what a company may require, did YOU read the link I posted here.??

I hope you had a wonderful life as what ever you are. you think that you're above reproach, I actually shot you down..

buh---bye....

11. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    LOL
    good.... get mad and take your toys home lololol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.