EOBR's

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by VinceL, Nov 6, 2013.

1. VinceL

VinceL Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I need to keep that in mind. Haven't been up yet, but i'm sure it's coming.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. POPS3480

POPS3480 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Irmo, SC
    I think I want to go ahead and get on it but have an iPhone. Said it won't be ready for awhile. Have you noticed any difference in how you run now?

4. Allan M

Allan M Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    I've used DDL Software on my laptop for the past 6 years with 1 year in the middle of that on Qualcomm elogs while pulling tankers. It was sometimes a pain with all of the appointments at chemical plants but I don't expect it to be too bad on long haul truckload work. My laptop appears to be on it's last legs so I plan to switch over using my iPad in the new year. I couldn't imagine using my iPhone with my big fingers...lol

POPS3480 Thanks this.
  5. POPS3480

Oct 9, 2011
    Irmo, SC
    i agree about the big fingers and don't forget the small screen in the iPhone. My old eyes need all the help they can get too. Lol I think I'm gonna use my iPad as well.

Allan M Thanks this.
  6. VinceL

VinceL Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Pops, it has definitely changed the way i run. I'm the guy who runs 63 in the right lane and just cruises. Now i have to stay with the program to maximize my driving time. I also have to plan a little more when it comes to stopping for the night. Before i would drive a little more to get to someplace decent. Now, when the time is up, i'm done no matter where i am. I like the fact that i don't have to fill out a log anymore or keep track of mileages.

LoL, i have a hard time using the phone too. Maybe Santa will bring me a tablet to use.

POPS3480 and Allan M Thank this.
  7. POPS3480

Oct 9, 2011
    Irmo, SC
    I worked with a company that used electronic logs and didn't really mind it too much. You do have to plan things better. It sure beats counting the tiny lines after a long day. Lol and elimates mistakes that are so easy to make with paper logs.
    There are pros and cons to both. Even on paper I just log it like it happens. Course it is ice to be able to work out those 5-6 hour wait times getting loaded or unloaded on a paper log.

8. av8shunmeckaneck

av8shunmeckaneck Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2013
    JJ Keller here. The Android app has gotten alot better recently. One downside is that some officers still insist that you have to have paper logs. Its so much easier now with the automatic logging. The app can be used on a tablet too. The Keller site says that its compatible on iOs now too but i have yet to see that.

9. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    You do need to carry paper logs in he event of a failure of your EOBR.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  10. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    I was told last year, the eobr wouldn't work on a tablet, had to be a smart phone. Not sure the difference and hopefully that changes since I have hard time reading my phone as well.

11. Allan M

Allan M Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    It has to be a tablet with GPS capability.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.