EOBR's

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by VinceL, Nov 6, 2013.

1. blacklabel

blacklabel Heavy Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    How are they doing this with old iron mechanical trucks ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    they are Exempt, i think there's a loophole in the law for the older trucks too

4. Truckin Juggalo

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    i use my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab for my Elog works just fine with JJ Keller app, and it's also my GPS, and if you want to you can buy a Galaxy Tablet from Mercer but it will be locked which makes it kinda useless you will only be able to use the JJ Keller app that's it its a waste of money in my opinion

5. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    they aren't actually exempt. they have no unit that will work for them at the moment. the final rule hasn't even been written so there is no way to know what they will do for older mechanical motors

6. Leroy77

Leroy77 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seville,Fl
    Do you have to run the Elog with mercer?

7. Truckin Juggalo

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    As of September 1st they are required for all new contractors it's JJ Keller Mobile you can use on any smartphone or tablet my orientation was the first where it was required

8. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    If your buying a tablet from mercer, why would it be locked ? How do u use it locked?

9. Truckin Juggalo

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    Its locked down to only be used for the JJ Keller Elog, that's it nothing else until you leave Mercer, I recommend using your phone till you can buy your own tablet but that's just me

10. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I started out using my iPad. But I got tired of the problems with logging in and out of the Elogs. I went to walmart and bought a $129 tablet (much cheaper then the locked one mercer sales). Works like a champ and I don't have to call logs and have them fix my logs cause of a glitch that switched you from sleeper to off duty at midnight. Just make sure the tablet has Bluetooth.

As for those worried about running out of hours? Once you learn the system you really shouldn't have a problem. It does take a little bit to get use to but once you do you find ways to save time. And only having to spend 30 seconds on your logs at the end of the day is nice if all you want to do is take a shower and get some sleep.

DirtyJoe13 and Truckin Juggalo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.