estes or saia

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by trknco, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    LTL as whole is getting a lot more freight. Every LTL carrier has jumped up revenue from 3% to 20%. Even YRC as a whole combined with Their regionals revenue went up 9%. Jumping into any LTL company is a smart move. Why all the non Union companies are doing raises except YRC cause contract is locked for 4 years. All the non Union carriers have gave their employee raises to stay competitive with each other not to loose drivers. Standard for Linehaul is .57-.61cpm now topped out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. quietone

quietone Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Perry,Florida
    Estes, I like their colors better.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. deeblu

deeblu Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Besides Wilson. We haven't had a raise in over 8 years no OT either. Think our line haul tops out at .52cpm and p&d is 19.40. I do hear them talking about all the freight we are moving but they are not putting it back into the company. I'm making the jump to Saia p and d sounds like it should be worth it.

5. AAADarrell

AAADarrell Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hungary Horse, MT
    My wife and I team for another outfit that contracts with Estes, and we have been mostly happy with the work. We deal only with Estes Central dispatch and terminal personnel, and we are treated well enough, but sometimes sit waiting for loads longer than we would like. We do think their equipment (trailers and dollies) is older and not maintained as well as our own company's trailers, but mostly the work is easy, yards are large enough to maneuver through, and about half the time the pups are hooked for us.

6. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Anyone know what saia line haul trucks are governed at? I hate slow trucks

7. Ski125

Ski125 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Saia sucks now, cameras facing you, don't you dare touch your phone, CB, lunch, drink or you will be terminated. Junk dollies junk trailers (pups) tractors are ok. Safety department thinks they run the company.

Need4Speed and viper822004 Thank this.
  8. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    I totally understand it when it comes to cell phones though.. But, when it comes to getting written up for a hard brake (someone cut him off) while taking a sip of water, that's ridiculous. That's Reinhart that did that to someone I know.

9. Ski125

Ski125 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Yea, I get called into the office at least once a week for that. ( hard braking ) and my favorite, " you are only 3 and a half seconds behind the car in front of you, you know you are supposed to be 4 seconds or more "
    Yea, ok.....

viper822004 Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Are they holding a stopwatch while they watch the videos? :rolleyes:

Somebody has entirely too much time on their hands.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.