Ever moved parking spots?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Six9GS, Mar 27, 2021.

1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I parked next to those 3 big CNG tanks at the Lodi, OH Pilot once. I had the whole row to myself.:D

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I moved for better satellite tv reception. I move frequently to avoid reefers or to put my reefer away from others. I move away from trucks with air leaks/15 second air pop-off, rattling trucks, wannabe DJs/rap stars, etc.

Lumper Humper and Deere hunter Thank this.
  4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I’ve moved to get a closer view of the fuel island. My Co Driver likes to watch all the commotion. Sometimes she’ll lay across the dashboard and flirt with the other drivers.
    My Co Driver is a cat.

5. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Rig master apu smoke made me move also . The crackling exhaust noise wasn’t enough but fumes in my cab from his exhaust was

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    For a real treat go park at Cargill in ft. Morgan .

7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Those of you who are complaining about noisy reefers, are y'all sleeping with your windows open?

I'd be willing to bet that modern reefers are a whole lot quieter than the ones of yesteryear, but the amount of times I've seen reefer noise mentioned on this website in the last year makes me wonder why it's such an issue.

Dockbumper Thanks this.
  8. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I parked in Williamsburg Iowa at the McDonald's about a year ago. It's an L shaped lot with wide spaces next to the Outlet Mall, about 30-40 spots. Luckily for me about 2 minutes later this "White Volvo" parked next to me and for some reason his reefer felt and sounded like I was back in the US Navy in the engine room during the Destroyer race in the Pacific Ocean while I was actually in my own truck.

I immediately drove back around the McDonald's and parked in the other section of the L probably 15+ spots away but sitting there listening I could still only hear that one truck over all of the others but it wasn't too loud anymore.

9. navajo

navajo Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    This just happened last week. I parked for the night and went in for a shower. Came back to the truck and JB hunt was parked directly across from me with their high beams on- curtains closed. Moved to a different spot.

10. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    It has certainly never bothered me a bit. As a matter of fact, I prefer the "white noise" of a reefer or my APU. I guess some people are more sensitive to noise than others. When I am tired I'm out like a light. I can sleep next to RR Tracks, Train horns and all!

RockinChair Thanks this.
  11. Plecc94

Plecc94 Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2020
    black gorilla tape is always handy to have

RockinChair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.