Ex disgruntled employee

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by swaggerjacker, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    IDK........maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, but it seems like much ado about not so much. Fuel card, shut off. Rekey the truck, probably not. My suspicion is that you can go to Freightliner or whoever, give them the VIN and they can probably reproduce a key for you (unless you think he might steal the truck, which, again is probably much ado........). The log thing.......dunno. I know this much, I'd send him a certified letter and CC it to his file demanding the log, and if he doesn't turn it in and the feds ever ask for it, show them the letter and move on. All things considered, I'd say you're out 50 bucks at the most and that's for the rekey and the certified letter. Frankly, $50 ain't worth getting worked up about.........my best guess is that you're chapped because he quit. Jus sayin....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    The owner is not upset because he FIRED The driver.
    The driver not turning in the companys possessions speaks volumes of why he needed to be fired.

Bean Jr., x1Heavy, not4hire and 3 others Thank this.
  4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    The owner wants hit truck, the driver wants his pay.

Seems like it should be pretty easy to resolve.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    well, uh, if it were me, I'd have thought that through before I fired the guy......I mean, if you're gonna run a trucking company, run a trucking company

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If a driver fails to turn in his logs within 13 days, isn't he the one in trouble for violating the HOS regs, not the company? Or is it both now with the CSA BS. (I ask because I have never been an employer with driver employees)

7. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    What should have the owner done?
    Call the driver and tell him I just bought you a brand new truck and you need to turn in the keys to old one before I can issue you the new one?
    The driver should be a man and return what doesn't belong to him.

FireLotus Thanks this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    do you even drive a truck? I mean seriously. Here's a better idea......"Hoss, we got an upgrade to your computer. Pull it into the shop and come inside.". There.....done.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  9. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    So your saying you should lie to the driver to trick him in to giving up the keys?
    Drive a truck? Lmao
    How about a thirty year owner operator.
    I also run many other bussness with multiple employees
    Including auto transport, transmission shop along with general repair, licensed auto dealership, twenty four hour towing, fisher snow plow dealer and uhaul dealer.
    Believe me I have done my share of hiring and firing over the last thirty years, I think I know how it's done.

FireLotus, x1Heavy and not4hire Thank this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    ok, you win. I think it was the U Haul dealership that convinced me. Carry on.

11. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    An agreement on surrendering company items and possible charges to employee if not returned should have been signed by both parties at the start of employment process.

FireLotus and TequilaSunrise Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.