Failed Random Need Advice

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Werro, Aug 17, 2015.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The Professional One Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's quite the long list,I only looked at the A'S.I had no idea aleve and advil would be a false positive.I bet Listerine is among that list.

4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Dang, must suck to be bound to data limitations...:oops:

6. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    One example, how is this a false positive? Hydrocodone - may test positive for opiates (References: 33 and 52) ?

Opiates are used to manufacture this drug, that is a positive result, period...There are several examples of similar, so called false positives, regarding narcotic prescription drugs. Doctors blessing aside.

average joe Thanks this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I take this very seriously, been around drug users all my life and have little tolerance for them, and in a profession where peoples lives are at risk, it is taken very seriously.

See there are a couple holes in your story, it seems that blowing off the MRO means you either didn't understand what your next steps were or you didn't take it seriously. The retesting falls under two possiblities, one is you asked for a retesting of the original sample or you asked for a new pee test, if it was the former, then that was your mistake. Testing a contaminated sample is not going to "clear" you, you like others here have to assume that it is contaminated and should be discarded. There are other issues, one of them I mentioned if your lawyer is any good, he would do what I hinted at that is look at the clinic and the chain of custody because the laws that govern this is strict, a lot more than your cdl rides on drug testing. In my opinion Hair tests won't do much good unless there is other evidence to back it up, I won't get into this because of the amount of people who think it is simple to fix this.

Reputation isn't something anyone worries about, it is, you want a second chance and didn't do what you could have done, like contact OOIDA or a company that provides testing to carriers to see what the laws are that govern it, how to correct a false positive and so on. You could have also searched here for an answer because this has been discussed so much.

average joe Thanks this.
  8. Werro

Werro Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I think it may have been a bit of both. I obviously did not understand what was happening. I had oral surgery 4 days prior to giving that random and just figured that was the cause of all this but when I tried to explain that to the MRO he said no way. I also asked to provide a new sample when I was in front of safety manager while being terminated. I offered to provide sample right there, no need to even go to the bathroom if that would help and was told it does not matter since it would be out of my system already. I have only had my CDL for a year though I have been driving on the farm all my life. We should know our options when this happens. All of the other randoms I have taken you never hear anymore about it so maybe I was not taking it seriously. And that is why I came here is to look for answers. Hindsite is always 20/20 but I can say this when I get this all cleared up I will never be a victim again.

9. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    There is no way to distinguish between herion,morphine,vicodin or percocet or any other opiate unless they did an extensive lab work up. Blood and urine. If you were ever prescribed any narcotic pain pills and kept a few or didn't finish the script and then you took one for whatever reason. It would show positive for opiates! Not morphine or herion or vicodin, just opiates. So think back and if you still have the bottle you're good to go. If it's not a false negative good luck to you

average joe Thanks this.
  10. Werro

Werro Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    and what do you mean reputation is not something anyone worries about. Had a perfect driving record up to that point. Never been in trouble for drugs or alcohol. Now at 50 something years old I am a junkie, according to the DOT and FED govt, and some here who do not even know me. Yes I have been begging them to give me another chance. Begging to do any job I can until this gets resolved. You dont work hard all of your life, stay out of trouble, and then not worry about this incident's effect on your life.

11. Werro

Werro Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I do still have the bottle with only 1 pill missing, hydrocodone, but they say that is not what is in my urine

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.