Failed the driving test

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ozzyoztrucker, May 19, 2022.

1. ozzyoztrucker

ozzyoztrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Hey guys/gals, I passed the pre trip and backing skills test, but failed on the driving portion of the test. After we completed the driving, she said I didn't pass the driving. She gave me two reasons. First, she said I was stalling at the last stop sign before completing the test. I said I didn't, it was gonna stall ,but I push the throttle and pass the intersection without stalling. Engine never shut off. For stalling and immediate fail, I thought the engine has to completely shut off ,then I'd have start the truck again. But that never happened, I push the gas and be in control of the vehicle. Am I understanding this wrong?
    Second, she said I wasn't smooth enough at stops and starts, does that count as points? I never stalled or any kind of real jerking. My upshifting and downshifting was pretty good even though the truck is like 20, 25 years old. Just to let you know this truck is 6 speed. So I already know how to shift.
    She also said I lost more than 30 points, I was really baffled on this. I followed every possible rule, not curbing, driving up to the speed limit, not changing gears when passing intersection, turning or train tracks, continuesly checking my mirrors, staying in my lane, not coasting etc.
    So I'm having hard time to understand what I did wrong and how to correct. She said her piece, and exit the vehicle. I feel like if I get her again for the second driving test she'd fail me again.
    Please let me know your thoughts on this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which school are you attending?

4. ozzyoztrucker

Feb 4, 2019
    This was a weekend school in Texas, it's called Action Express. It's not a mega carrier.

5. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. My guess is that for the stall issue, maybe you did not stall but were very close. Just try to be smoother next time. Same as with your shifting. I don't know now days but she should have gave you a copy of results (can they?) or at least let you know why the 30 points. Is there another testing place you can go to so you don't have to worry about the same examiner? Lol maybe she moves around. Just curious, is your 6 speed synchronized, like a car, or unsynchronized? Either way, good luck and concentrate on being smoother.

Badmon, tscottme, Boondock and 2 others Thank this.
  6. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Maybe she wanted some cash.

Grouch, Badmon, tscottme and 5 others Thank this.
  7. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Some people are control freaks. I saw it at the license office in Austin. Bow to our authority or you might not get what you came in here for.

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Sounds a bit harsh - and do they make more $$ out of a re-test?

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tax free cash; no receipt.
    One driver posted the other day, maybe last week, he can retest using the examiners private truck for a $250.00 fee.

10. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    Not very cool eh. Double dipping on the public and they are allowed to get away with it.

11. ozzyoztrucker

Feb 4, 2019
    I don't think they give any results paper, she didn't.
    Yes it's like a car gear, synchronized, so it's pretty easy to shift.
    I want to go this DPS one more time and see what happens. My school only send their trucks to this DPS location. Hopefully I'll get another examiner. Greek gods help me lol:D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.