FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I was rolling the other direction on Sunday around 0930. #### traffic was backed up from the border station almost to Jean.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    *flatbed*

Took a 34 at the St Cloud pilot, deliver my load of granite block in Waite Park MN, took me longer to put everything away than it did to get unloaded, pulled in popped chains off, forklift driver swooped the 43k lb rock off the deck and said have a good day.

Headed down to Shakopee MN for more block going to Omaha for a tomorrow delivery, got it knocked off today.

My next load is sitting on the yard, load of poles and crates going to Covington GA, going to take it home. Should be home Wednesday thru Monday. Will be a much needed break.

But got to Fremont, dropped my empty, called Senor Tequila for my Togo order, ran into town brought it back. Are, started securing my load so I don’t have to in the morning. Noticed a flat tire on the trailer. Let the man know that drives around and checks them (how did he not see it.. it’s pancakes)

My 90 days is coming up. I have compiled some numbers on my runs and the things I’ve been hauling I’ll post that next week.

All in all, other than not living in a freight lane, best job I’ve found so far.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Looking forward to it.

I too like Senior Tequila.
    But I normally dine in.

Modlite11 Thanks this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, I was all like where’s this traffic backing up from… only saw one cop pulled someone over… it’s like Sunday… ugh!!!

then it hit me that people were leaving Vegas from the weekend and heading back to SoCal.

I’ll try to remember that the next time I’m making a delivery in the Greater LA Area on Monday morning… lol

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  6. Modlite11

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    What I’ve done when I go, is try to get to Barstow or Hesperia ASAP. Doing straight 10s over night, just to try to stay ahead of Denver traffic doing to the resorts, and Vegas/Cali traffic going either way.

7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Welcome to Portland

I swear every third off ramp is now a “camp ground”… who knew “camping” was so popular here.

2C204818-AE76-4FE1-9A28-C13994291D90.jpeg

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Read up on the Heroin problem they have up there. Quite enlightening.

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There are parts of SoCal the same way.

10. dwells40

dwells40 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Not just So Cal, Any good size city has major issues with being overrun with homeless individuals! I live in San Jose, you can't go a mile without see a homeless camp! Can't wait to get out of this pile!

MidWest_MacDaddy and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. Modlite11

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    I was in shock also when I got to Portland. Couldn’t really believe how nasty the city was. Every road sign or blank piece of concrete has graffiti, every open patch of ground has a squatter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.