Fed Ex Almost Killed Me

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by scottied67, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I know it describes super truckers who think its safe to block other super truckers from being super truckers.

I dont condone the 900's actions, but thats not my job to make him do the speed limit. Nor is it yours. Holding that bull back, could hace ended a lot differently than if you just got the hell off your high horse and let em go about his way.

It aint right, but we have to take the higher ground at some point.

Dan.S, tinytim and spyder7723 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The whole point is to prove I don't manufacture the situations I film out here on here on the road. There are actually bully aggressive drivers out there risking people's lives so they can exceed the speed limit.

I wasn't doing anything wrong in going the speed limit.
    I wasn't 'holding him back' as you say; if he felt he was being held back to just the speed limit he probably should get some mental help for that.

People are dying out there on the roads at an unprecedented rate. The speed limits are there, scientifically proven to help reduce injury and death.

Doctors and lawyers have professional licenses just like truck drivers but you don't see them routinely breaking laws and regulations in the course of their work.

4. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Maybe he just REALLY had to take a big dump, I have been known to exceed the speed limit in order to avoid having an accident,,,,,in my pants!

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yeah, but, have you seen my channel? I have tons of video of trucks breaking the law to get around me including busting over the double yellow lines to pass. Surely all of them didn't have an urge to dump as the excuse to break the law?

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  6. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Dammed if you do and dammed if don't.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Looking at the video with the w900 he/she didn't seem very patient. When people like that get by me I'm glad to see them go.

After they passed you you caught up to them at a traffic light and chose to put them behind you again, knowing full well they would likely be aggressive trying to get back ahead. Just curious why you did that.

You did have a good little chuckle about it on the video which is why I said you seemed to be enjoying holding them back.

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    First, correct me if I'm wrong, but you run 57-58 in California, which is speeding. I run the same speed on 2 lanes, and I never get drivers cutting me off or passing me in no passing zones. Why? Because if a guy is going faster than me, I let him pass me. It is not my job to keep him or her from speeding, therefore he is not forced to take unsafe action to get around me. If I'm travelling 2 mph over the speed limit, what gives me the right to say "it's ok for me to break the law, but not you"?

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Fed Ex did kill someone in front of me last week on 40 just west of the overpass by the Love's on the big hill west of Albuquerque.
    3-1/2 shut down.
    Fed Ex going east crossed median, made crumpled beer can out of small black car.

Last night on 15 in Utah I was doing 70, jakes on coming down a hill, Fed Ex triple went by me like I was tied to a tree.

BUMBACLADWAR and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I try not to hate on companies (other than my own),I Realize Fed Ex ,MUST HAVE a team of Fancy lawyers on the payroll.Now ,I have seen a few (2or 3 Fed Ex drivers,that were Safe and Courteous,however,I tend to get doors blown off by 4 or 5 a day.Now,it doesnt matter if it 40mph wind gusts,foggy,dark,ice on the road etc(theyre coming around 5 - 10 over the speed limit.Trying to imagine the safety department " ok,so you made it with no fatalities & got a ticket for "driving too fast for conditions 10 over". Oh ,thats ok,packages were on time .HooRa.JMO

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    This reminds back in the day when Willig (yellow trucks) ran I-5 and no matter what the road conditions, they all where hammer down.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.