Fed Ex Almost Killed Me

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by scottied67, Mar 8, 2017.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    This has been an interesting discussion to me. About a year ago I posted a video of a JCT driver squeezing by me in a work zone, I had the legal lane, he was in the ending lane with the cones. Most of the replies were chewing me out for not slowing down and allowing this driver to get on by even though he was in the wrong lane. At least one member was banned from the entire forum for his comments. The thread was eventually completely locked down.

So now I post a video where I am in the ending lane and again we are seeing the same pattern of comments that I am doing the wrong thing here, by going the speed limit and work zone speed limit, of course other truckers are going to illegally break the speed limit and work zone limits to get on around. It's like Monday follows Sunday. Why can't you see that scottie?

In any case I just thought maybe just maybe I had taken y'alls advice on the other thread and applied it to here I might get some praise for 'doing it right' this time. Alas, we've resorted to name calling , a redirection into the merits of legal GPS use while driving and predictions of bad things to happen in the future of my driving.

tinytim Thanks this.
  4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Don't worry Scottie, I'm just as critical of myself when I get into situations.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

You do realize, no matter what you do.... as long as you post a video of you driving, you will be wrong. Plain and simple.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Don't worry about it Scottie.

You cannot argue with a Internet filled with lemmings determined to eck out some sort of entertainment.

I don't have a problem with your actions in this video. Although I probably would have moved over causing fedex to lock down brakes and either slow it down or hit the trailer in the back. I am a little bit dense that way.

The Net is sort of like herding cats. You will never get people in the same direction. Nothing that a few bans here and there cannot clean up.

7. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    If you drove with the flow of traffic you wouldnt have near as many videos to post. Be courteous to other drivers regardless if the are speeding 5 mph over or not. You dont know their situation so why cause a stink? I think your in the wrong proffesion anyways, should have been a dot officer. Oh wait....that proffesion DOES require that you break the speed laws sometimes so nevermind that haha

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Who call you any names .

9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    ]

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  10. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    lol whatever it was I know it starts with a vowel and is 7 letters....

Possible winners:

Aardvark
    Advisor
    Assignat

Elysian

Expert
    Exegete

Iguana
    Ionizer
    Ironist

Obconic
    Octopod
    Operant

Uncanny
    Uncouth
    Upshift

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.