FedEx Ground background check

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by 2009GMC, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Latta17

Latta17 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Can anybody tell me about the pay for pulling doubles with A FedEx Ground Contractor? I've heard 0.50cpm, split the miles. They want Team but I've never teamed. Any tips?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    It took FedEx about a week to do my background check.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    Contractors are paying .50 to .60-ish.

I'll be glad to answer any questions about FedEx ground. Shoot me a message.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  6. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

50 is avg for splitting the miles. Team sucks really. Hope you have a good partner and keep Benadryl with you to sleep while it bounces down road. Having a partner you can get along with and can drive is key. Or go in it with someone you know

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Their background check is a nightmare. They outsourced it to some Indian company. OMFG

I worked for FXG a year ago, the background check took about 3 to 4 days, which is pretty normal in the industry. I left, did some other things, came back for a different contractor, but while my ID number and history and such is still in the system they still had to do a new background check. Fine, it's only a year right, cuz they already did the rest of it and the past doesn't change.

FOUR F(*&^%ING WEEKS. One of the employers is a FXG contractor of course. Ridiculous. Even the linehaul person who handles it says it has turned into a disaster.

8. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    pulling doubles is pretty easy for the most part. but when hooking up always, always, always ensure the pintle hook is latched, dolly handle is in, dolly fifth wheel jaws are locked in and safety chains are on!!!!! Failure to do any of those will get you canned quickly!

Also when pulling a dolly around the yard w/ tractor make sure BOTH safety chains are on.

I drive to Wyoming everyday in 30-55 mph winds and I dont notice a whole lot of wiggle, there is some but it's minute.

Where people get into trouble with doubles is on ice and snow. If you lose traction (you'll feel it in the pedal and you'll see the rpm's jump) it will head left or right. When it does, dont panic and jerk the wheel or slam on the brakes because if you do you're screwed. Take your foot off the fuel and steer the wheel the direction the tractor goes and it'll come right back. If you need to, goose the fuel pedal a bit and she'll straighten out.

Also watch how fast you take a turn or sharp curve. She will flip the back trailer and dolly very easily if you take it too sharp.

Aside from that, easiest money you will ever make.

9. Markcollins

Markcollins Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I applied at FedEx for package handler and waiting for criminal background check to come in how long does it take and what does it means when its under review?

10. n8dwgphx

n8dwgphx Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Phx, Az
    Mine has turned into a nitemare as well. Mostly my fault that I put the wrong company down for one of the questions. A question that shouldn't have even been asked anyway. Lady at FAC said I couldn't change information on an application. I could dispute it and wait 2 more weeks, or just resubmit. Oh Well. a classic case of don't quit your day job until you have another waiting on ya!

11. MoonlightServices

MoonlightServices Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Northern Kentucky

Pay is set by individual contractors.

And it carries widely.

I pay more than most for solos - but I don't offer insurance. Some offer basic insurance but pay is less.

Some pay a flat rate per day.

FXG doesn't get involved in what we pay - or how.

The only contractual stipulation is that we keep drivers on a w2 process.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  12. MoonlightServices

MoonlightServices Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Northern Kentucky
    My last new hire took 6 business days.

It really depends on job history - I have had guys come to me that have worked for every company out there on the last 5 years / so yeah - it's a nightmare then.

A guy that has a few CDL jobs is easy to process - also, remember that verifications typically are not a priority from a previous employer - all it take is one to be slow - and you will have to wait.

13. Steel Curtain

Steel Curtain Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Yes, don't look behind you.;)

• Truckers Report Jobs