FFE Plasma Division, anyone have experience there?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by DC4L956, Aug 12, 2021.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I went straight into plasma right after school. It worked out for me. I think the average weekly run still pays around $1,500. But some weeks you'll make over $2,000. I don't think I ever made less than $1,000 on a working week.

I've had dozens of guys on my truck, I don't think there was ever an issue with smell. Some of the guys talked a lot. That's probably going to be the bigger annoyance. Guys that gravitate to team driving like to talk. I got used to it. Like I said, I've been there over 3 years because I liked the paychecks.

The job is easier than it was when I started. But the pay should still be pretty close to the same. The volume the donation sites are shipping out are smaller counts due to COVID. But you'll still get paid the same. Also they are using newer trailers now and they all have equipment in them. We used to have to scavenge the yard for all the equipment we need before we leave. LoL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    It is probably what the individual feels comfortable doing. Me personally, I would prefer SOLO. I have shared living spaces with other guys in the past. To put it mildly, it is often quite stressful, not to mention angering.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

4. DC4L956

DC4L956 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Taking my road test tomorrow! The lady for when I start orientation next week said it’s a 6 figure job so we’ll see. First things first I have to past my CDL test tomorrow though

5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I'm actually not in plasma anymore. I moved on to Solo driving.

I texted one of the guys I trained and he said yea, at least for now they have made the runs larger. He said he's getting 2000-2200 a week right now.

They lost a lot of drivers in the past 4 months so they changed some things up, finally.

He sent me the run he's doing this week, it's big. Lol.

BennysPennys and DC4L956 Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Plasma division? Really? And @Frank Speak doesn't work there?

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Do you have any idea how many pounds you have to go through to *maybe* find some Kentuckian? Nah, that’s too chancy. Besides, it ain’t that hard to catch a nice fresh one. :)

TravR1 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, I know.....But sometimes you need to drink and run.....

TravR1 and Frank Speak Thank this.
  9. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Plasma is watered down and frozen. Probably not ideal as sustenance.

Lonesome and Jenn72 Thank this.
  10. DC4L956

DC4L956 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Passed my test. I’m here in Lancaster and I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Spoke to someone in charge and had me very excited about it. Only bad thing would be 12 weeks off you’re still on call

TravR1 Thanks this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    In the 3 years I've been there I have only been asked twice to work through hometime. Every other time I did it was me volunteering.

Are you doing CSL or Griffols?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.