Finally, a step in the right direction

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Northern Nomad, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    Some will agree, others will not. It won’t happen overnight, but the time will come. I don’t partake myself, nor do I think someone should be using behind the wheel or at work, around kids, and so on. But, I feel as though it’s much safer than alcohol, and certainly safer than the narcotic pain killers and muscle relaxers that the doctors and the VA love to prescribe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ook-big-step-forward-congress/?outputType=amp

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    there have been CDL drivers that have been caught as it is now, high on drugs. this just means, that they will continue to do so, and more will get in on the smoking of it. it is still ILLEGAL for a CDL driver to use it.

plenty of you tube videos or articles of stoned truckers.

misterG Thanks this.
  4. Northern Nomad

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    You’re correct, it is, but I believe in my lifetime that will change. People are idiots, and regardless of what the law is or isn’t, you’re going to have people that have no self control or idea of how to be responsible.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well i could care less if its legal or not . But this could be a great opportunity if it becomes legal to transport commercially on the interstate ? Could be a lot of money to be made for the ones that figure it out first.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    It has little chance of passing in the Senate. And they did put provisions in the bill that allow the DOT to keep the prohibition in place for all drivers, pilots, rail roaders and others in safety sensitive positions.

7. Northern Nomad

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    That’s true, it probably won’t pass the senate. As far as the provisions for the DOT go, IMHO, if they do that, then they need to ban alcohol too, because if someone can have a drink while off duty and go back to work as long as they’re sober, than someone should be able to smoke and go back to work, as long as they’re sober, if they so choose. I’m not advocating for the legalization of all drugs like Oregon, I don’t agree with that personally, but hippie hay should not be classified as a schedule 1 like heroin.
    And for the record, I’m a teetotaler myself. I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, etc. I rarely even take ibuprofen. I just find that these antiquated, draconian laws don’t reflect reality.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    It would be nice I guess, but even if it's made legal, it will still not be legal for CDL holders until they come up with an intoxication test. The best out there still only measures usage several hours ago, not how high someone is.

kemosabi49 and Northern Nomad Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some are already doing that. One was caught. They're 0/0's with one truck. They list the cargo as 'agricultural product.' Some are becoming wealthy, fast.
    `
    Sprinter vans are hauling it and don't have to cross scales.
    `
    Hauling Cannabis and Cash: New Fleets Serve Exploding ...
    Hauling Cannabis and Cash: New Fleets Serve Exploding Industry
    Jan 22, 2019 · The transportation side of Edgro’s business consists of delivering pounds of marijuana to the south and returning its profits to the farms up north.

D.Tibbitt and Northern Nomad Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I see zero difference in those two things.

The idea of losing one's livelihood due to having failed a drug test because they smoked a joint during their weekend off 3 weeks ago is the very definition of ridiculous.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.