Finally got an interview with Fedex freight

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Doylee4693, May 31, 2022.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    No idea. I did repair work, and later flatbed work. It all sucked.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Doylee4693

Doylee4693 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Freight,express, and ground are all different. Ground and Express are tough work from what I hear with lower pay.

Still waiting for drug test to comeback. This is taking forever!

4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    So you have no idea what company you contracted with, but all of FX sucks? (And no FX company does flatbed at all--with some of the stuff we end up delivering, I wish they did.)

You truly are a font of quality information, sir. I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I'm simply not flexible enough to shove my head that far up my arse.

5. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    I haul FedEx flatbed freight. Last one was a load some dip tried to deliver to a customer 3 times with no dock.

They do not have a flatbed outfit. But they sure as hell ship flatbed freight.

But I guess you should know this, right?

6. Gearjammin' Penguin

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I do know this, and have made my opinion known on the subject. But I don't get why you don't know who you supposedly contracted with, or why you think FX sucks when you're obviously making money off the parts where they suck. None of this makes any sense.

jamespmack and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I might be a little biased here since I put 12 years in with Fed Ex Ground as a linehaul contractor, but for a company that supposedly sucks, they sure as hell have built themselves quite an empire, they must be doing something right, as far as the OP I think you made a great decision, good luck on your future endeavor with Fed Ex Freight .

Texas_hwy_287 and Doylee4693 Thank this.
  8. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Why does FedEx take so long to hire after selecting a candidate

rshenderson Thanks this.
  9. Gearjammin' Penguin

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    If that's you in your avatar picture, I think I may know...

High Stepper Thanks this.
  10. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Greyhound aka crack hound only requires you to have 2 years experience in a state penitentiary

11. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Let me make this clear. Some of you all are here simply to argue. Or you would like the OP's original post and show him a welcoming. Next im a independent, non of your business who or how my contract at Fedwrecks is my contract thru. Absolutely I have profited every single load I have hauled for them. That is why I'm in business, profit. Its the organization in whole that I think sucks. To be frank any large fleet sucks. But thats not my business. You got your panties in a knot over my opinion and them voiced yours. Good for you. I hope you love your job. I won't comment on it because I don't know your situation.

Now in a past job as a service vendor for FedWrecks in general for all entities. Not trucking, repair work only. They suck also. No idea who is blowing who and pay slow. F-uhm.

I only offered a simple idea to a gentleman who sounds like he is willing to work and a place that may take him.

I'm not pro union as a independent. But if I had time to start over. I'd look real hard were I was gonna spend my life.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.