Fired for barely touching pole, no damage

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jordanshackelford, Mar 29, 2019.

1. jordanshackelford

jordanshackelford Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    I have only 3 months experience, started out at CR England and quit after 3 months because of low pay and forced teams with ########. So I went to JB Hunt, was set to make good money but in my first week I bumped a yellow safety pole at a shipper at like 1 mph and the security guard made me call my company over it and they fired me. No damage except some paint scraped off. Then they reported it to "Driver iq" which is like the DAC report. It says "hit stationary object" on the report. Tried to go to Werner and they mailed me a copy of the report and said they wouldnt take me until I had 6 months of safe driving. I've called 20+ companies and every one of them says I need 6 months safe driving before they can hire me. How am I supposed to get 6 months safe driving if nobody will hire me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you try Western Express or USA Truck?
    Where is your location? We can help you find a job.

4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    So sorry to hear that... have you tried a local company that does tractor/trailer. You said you called 20+ so did you try prime, swift, roehl, etc?

5. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    As long as it wasn’t reportable to insurance I would think a small oufit would have no problems hiring you. Post where you live and someone may have suggestions.

As far as Werner goes, I think they hit a new record on rolled trucks last year so they may be tightening their hiring criteria

6. jordanshackelford

jordanshackelford Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Im in tulsa, oklahoma. I tried looking for smaller companies on craigslist but they all want 1+ year experience and say their insurance won't cover me. Also I have an automatic restriction on my license and most of the small companies still have standard transmissions

7. GypsyWanderlust

Jan 1, 2018
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Good God, they make you sound like a maniac. Keep trying someone will hire you. Bad luck, everyone has it, not the end of the world. Being it was on private property, I don’t think it should count against you. No ticket, no harm.Just my opinion, keep looking, try smaller companies, if possible. Good example of how a mega carrier can screw you over. Consider it a favor, your better off anyway, they just shortened your pain.

Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  9. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I would have called a friend. Right after I fired off a text ;)

If it was a simple rub.

LtlAnonymous and VIDEODROME Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Stevens Trucking in Oklahoma City. Maybe drive a hotshot truck delivering supplies to the oil fields. They pull a 40' gooseneck flatbed trailer. This is a Class-A cdl job.
    www.stevenstrucking.com
    [​IMG]

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  11. GypsyWanderlust

Jan 1, 2018
    New Solutions
    4241 South Galveston Avenue, Tulsa, OK, USA

These guys posted two days ago. Home daily and it says 1yr (preferred)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.