First day training at TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Natethetrucker04, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Natethetrucker04

Natethetrucker04 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Not that hard if you can lift at least 120lbs hold it and lift over you're head..... Best to hit that gym before hand. Plus the hotel has one and an indoor pool to work on that cardio...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Is there a time limit. Like do u have to do it in under 2 min or something. What do u do. Pick it up off ground and put on ur shoulder then on trailer or what. How many chances u get

4. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    You have to put 120lbs over your head? I heard it was 80lbs.

5. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I hate to load out of a steel shop on Mondays.

saddler and Natethetrucker04 Thank this.
  6. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Back in my day they showed you how they wanted it done. They did not have a time limit. And you had to put the tarp over your head on a steel coil. Using a lumber tarp.

Natethetrucker04 Thanks this.
  7. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Weird day today... From OKC... we deadhead all the way to Joplin, MS because we cant pick up the load of lumber due to the fact one of his tarps was stolen before I got in the truck.... Get to the Joplin terminal and Im told to see someone in office, then Im told to gather my things out the truck and wait for my new trainer... They fired my first trainer for getting banned from Home Depot in Grand Prairie for arguing with receiving manager... And it wasnt the first time he did it.... Picked up a load of shingles and heading to Galveston..... Will deliver tomorrow.. This trainer seems more knowledgeable and answered alot of questions my first trainer didn't that I wrote down for an instructor, when I get back to Des Moines...

TruckerVinny Thanks this.
  8. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Shippers and receivers are like the cops. Its their way or no way. Arguing with them doesn't do anything but A. Banned from location B. Fired from your company as in your past trainers case C. Buying yourself some more waiting time

9. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Been pretty busy... Second load with my new trainer another shingles load, from Houston to San Angelo, to deliver Thurs AM at 7am... Got it dropped, Pick-up at Rotan, TX... Wallboard, a Pre-Tarp load.. to San Antonio.. Sitting outside consignee, Open at 7am, get to take down and stowaway tarp, bungees, straps, and edge protectors

10. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Ugh, Rotan...the "Dust Bowl", I call it. Hated that place. Still shivers me to think about it. But there's several places you'll find that out, tucked off in the far-flung pockets back behind God's nowhere, just out there for no reason. (National Gypsum in Pryor OK and that bentonite plant up in Lovell WY are two other places you may or may not get the "pleasure" of dealing with...haha.)

That's one of the interesting things about trucking...all the places you'll find that Daniel Boone probably never even knew about, yet somehow TMC found them. Like "why do these places even exist?" Haha...

Hope you're having some sort of fun out there!

Natethetrucker04 Thanks this.
  11. Ky Trucker25

Ky Trucker25 Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Kentucky
    Is the training that hard and what's the length of training also what's the length with a trainer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.