First year done...

Discussion in 'Prime' started by darthanubis, Aug 18, 2016.

1. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    You guys are great! I'm looking for the P&D gig.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Really wish you lived close to me, we need some good people. the issue we have is people come here and apparently say "they are not used to the work load" and leave. I talked to a lot of the other drivers and they say these new guys will come in and start slow, than start getting just light loads at about 12-15 stops and be overwhelmed. I mean I just did a 11 stop load today in 4 1/2 hrs and than 5 pickups and was back in time for the employee appreciation cookout... lol.

I think it is more so of peoples work ethic anymore over them "not being able to handle it".

4. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX

You just explained why a lot of OTR companies dispatch at 50mph. lol Slow lazy drivers.

IMO people forget that with the good check and home daily you still have to bus your tail. We're not working for charity.

5. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I completely agree. For instance, the 20 yr old dock worker decided to cuss out the TM today, and got fired. He decided to do that because he didn't agree with the terminal manager questioning him as he was new. Our TM is HUGE on baptism by fire as long as he sees that you can handle it. This kid folded when questioned and couldn't handle any authority. Not many 20 yr olds are out here making over 16 an hour while going to college. He was fired on the spot!

darthanubis and redoctober83 Thank this.
  6. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    I think it may be that sitting on your duff for awhile, and only being a door swinger, doesn't get you ready for any physical labor. That's why I'd love a job like this. I'd have enough home time to get back to the gym, cook real food, and get back in great shape. Then the physical demands of the job, I'd welcome as keeping my metabolism high.

7. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Full endorsement level achieved!

8. 100 Percent

100 Percent Bobtail Member

May 17, 2016
    Congrats

9. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Thanks. Failed, both twice and hazmat a third time, each time by one! Using those goofy apps, till I just broke down an downloaded the manual and actually read the related sections. The hazmat went easily since I already have a twic card, TSA confirmed me in like 48hrs. I need to watch some double triple videos to see them actually connected. But I'm glad it's done. Glad you guys are here to share with.

Peace!

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  10. Linehaulin

Linehaulin Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Icfd15 where do you run out of?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.